Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Private DNS stops access to Vodafone app

Toweliechaos
4: Newbie

I started using private dns on my Android device and as soon as I did, the Vodafone app stops working, that is to say that it opens but says it cannot make a connection to the router. 

Is there a way round this so I don't have to keep turning private dns on and off? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

Using Private DNS on an Android device, if you have the setting on "Auto" it should be private whenever it can be, only falling back when it needs to,  *The vodafone app doesn't work for me either with "Private DNS" set to a DNS hostname!  And some of these settings just feed off the feeling of insecurity rather than offer any additional real security!

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Cynric

@Toweliechaos Can you reach the router using a browser to the address https://192.168.1.1/ at all?

Yes, that's fine. It's the Vodafone app that controls all the WiFi and pro stuff that fails to connect when private dns is on. 

Cynric

@Toweliechaos OK, thanks. I was going to go through some steps, but @CrimsonLiar has got the answer and saved us time.

CrimsonLiar

Using Private DNS on an Android device, if you have the setting on "Auto" it should be private whenever it can be, only falling back when it needs to,  *The vodafone app doesn't work for me either with "Private DNS" set to a DNS hostname!  And some of these settings just feed off the feeling of insecurity rather than offer any additional real security!

Thanks for that! I wondered what the auto did. Now I know!