Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data connection on a Dapeng A75

smccartney
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, 

I have a Chinese phone Dapeng A75 with dual sims and ICS.

It won't connect to Vodafone data, I'm using a PAYG sim and the following settings;

pp.vodafone.co.uk

wap

wap

but have tried loads of others.

I've been in two different Vodafone shops, one was much more helpful than the other (changed the sim, confirmed all the settings etc) but neither could fix it.

My phone works with an o2 sim and the Vodafone sim works in my other older Chinese Star A5000 phone.

Any suggestions would be apprerciated.

Stephen

26 REPLIES 26

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for posting. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this particular brand of mobile phone.  In most cases, a text with the word 'WEB' to 40127 will pull settings down from the network but as this is an unsupported device, I'm not sure that it would work. You've certainly entered the correct details for the APN settings. I'm struggling to think of what else I can suggest.

Are there any other eForum users out there that use this kind of handset? If so feel free to post some advice if you've managed to set up the same model successfully. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

I appreciate that not everyone is familar with non-branded Chinese handsets but I need dual sim and I really love this phone! I also accept the dual sim facility can create complications but is ICS 4.0.3 on a Chinese handset not the same as ICS 4.0.3 on a Samsung or HTC?

I think the solution is to switch back to o2 as my UK provider. I only just got this phone a week ago and haven't breen able to try my Vodafone ES sim on data yet. I hope it works as Movistar don't have a PAYG data option.

Stephen

Exactly the same problem with a Jiayu G2 - an ICS 4.0.3 dual sim phone.

Just with one vodafone payg sim that works fine in a HTC Legend and works fine in the Jiayu except GPRS connection is not working, so no mobile data.

Texting 40271 doesn't get a reply. Manually entered APN, and reset to defaults. The 4636 service menu shows it attempting to connect to a good EDGE connection, but failing after 30 seconds or so, leading me to believe it's being rejected.

Is it perhaps due to the IMEI beginning with 86? It has a valid IMEI, and it works with GSM non-data, but perhaps vodafone put in a separate check for data? 

I shall be getting a giffgaff sim for the second slot and that will confirm an O2 data connection.

Any suggestions appreciated...

can confirm it works fine on Tmobile (GSM/HSPA), and vodafone still ok on GSM/calls in the second slot. However the point was to have non-stop internet connection so dissapointed it's being rejected by vodafone

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi stumped,

I'm afraid I've only been trained on the handset makeup of the phones we provide so like your namesake I too am stumped on this one. The benefit of the eForum is that customers and experts who may be a bit more tech savvy with these sort of phones can post responses too. Throwing it out, can anybody suggest any actions to help get data connections on these makes of mobile phone?

Apologies I can't be of any further help on this one guys.

Cheers, Ben

Hi stumped,

Reading of your similar experience was interesting but you sound a bit more tech savvy than me! :Smiling:

I'm not sure what you're getting at with IMEI numbers but my Star A5000 that does work with Vodafone begins 35 as does the dapeng a75 that doesn't work. the IMEI SV what ever that is, is 78 for both sims on both phones.

Perhaps if this area doesn't come under the area of expertise of the Vodafone tech guys on here, they would pass it on to the relevant people. Although I just returned to o2, I would still be willing to help or provide any information they require.

In the meantime when I return to Spain 13th September I'll update here with the situation with my Vodafone ES sim.

Stephen

Hi

I think I've the problem and probably the solution. Unfortunately my months vodafone allowance has expired so I can't test.

Found some useful info here 

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/foro/threads/10554-Problema-pepephone-vodafone-con-MTK6575

It's in Spanish but basically says that phones using the MTK6573 and MTK6575 CPUs will not work with Vodafone because of something called "fast dormancy". With a MTK6573 it can't be switched off but with a MTK6575 it can.

Enter MTK6575 Engineer mode by dailing *#*#3646633#*#*

Select "GRRS" from the menu

Select "Config SCRI/FD"

Select "turn off"

Press OK

My 500mb of Vodafone expired yesterday without me being able to use it. Perhaps Vodafone would re-instate my data to check this solution. I'm not buying more Vodafone data because I have loads of o2 data now.

Hi ,

Any success going through engineers mode by switching off the fast dormancy? I stiil can't get the Internet. Any clues?..

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

As Ben_H has mentioned, we can't provide detailed support for handsets we don't provide, only general information such as settings.

Fast Dormancy is not something we would be able to disable for individual phones. This takes place at the network level, so to switch off for one person would mean switching off for all.

Dave