Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nexus 6 delivery date

algom
2: Seeker

I ordered the Nexus 6 and Moto360 on Nov18th with expected delivery of 5th December. I like many others have yet to receive consignment or delivery information and have never been able to track my order using WEB ref. 

I know that there has been delays from the manufacturer which was supposed to distribute on the 1st of Dec. There is a lot of speculation circulating that handsets could be delayed until as late as mid Dec. However this afternoon o2 have just started selling the Nexus 6 not as a pre-order, but as in-stock with next day delivery (5th Dec). 

I am wondering if Vodafone has received any handsets from the manufacturer, or if there is a new estimated delivery for customers who have pre-ordered weeks ago? 

629 REPLIES 629

Yes, but telling every one whom pre-orders a device a date like that, pretty much gives the impression they're going to have it then.

If they didn't have a solid and confirmed delivery date, they should not have set an expectation or they should have notified people if they started to think they weren't going to be able to meet that expectation.  

I think most peoples issue is the lack of communication regarding their orders :smileyindifferent:

Nicholasavis
I spoke to Vodafone this afternoon and was told I would receive an email confirmation tonight. This is yet to happen. Can anyone at Vodafone give some information on the situation. I think most people understand delivery delays can happen, poor communication is unacceptable though.

offroadermike
4: Newbie
To be honest, when I preordered mine, on the 18th November, I think, I was told that it would be delivered on the 5th of December, then as sad as it sounds, we check the website, the date changes to the 8th, and now it say 1 to 2 weeks!

But during this time I've only had the confirmation email of when I ordered, and have heard no more whatsoever. However the conversation with CS today was you should hear something tomorrow, and expect delivery from the middle of next week onwards.

So I guess we just have to wait, but it would be nice to at least get some sort of notification to at least say its gonna take a little longer.

As someone mentioned o2 have stock today, so it can't be long till Vodafone do.

It sounds like the live chat agents have had a busy day, I contacted them accordingly and was given the 'it's not in stock at the warehouse' reply, as I ordered on the 18th November i'm waiting for the Nexus 6 + Moto 360 i wonder is the Moto 360 holding things up as well?

I obviously showed my displeasure to the answers i was getting, to only be offered £5 off my next bill.

I just need an honest straight forward answer, C'mon Vodafone sort it out!

offroadermike
At least you've been offered something, I haven't 😞

GojuSuzi
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
From mooching around, even those ordered via Google/Motorola direct are being told potentially another week. Based on this, I'd believe O2's promises of delivery tomorrow when I see it, unless they somehow are the only people, Google included, who are getting the first wave of stock.

I for one am very disappointed with Vodafone. As a new customer nothing has gone well and the lack of communication is unacceptable. I agrre with the comment that said if they didnt know the date then dont tell us one. The fact that I had to speak to 4 different people at vodafone before my order was even processed and if I had not contacted them, my preorder donw on the morning of the 18th would not have gone through.

I now wish I would have left it that way. At this point i would have rather purchased the 360 seperatly and stuck with a sim free phone purchase.

IF i get my order on Monday (or even next week at all) I will not even be opening it and sending it straight back!

There will be a spare phone and watch for someone!

chriscymru
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
The lack of clear communication is the real issue here.

Vodafone will know whether we will be receiving the Nexus tomorrow. It's clearly not going to happen so why not send an email to give us some clarity on the issue. As annoyed as some will be these things happen and I think the majority would appreciate the honesty.

As it happens, customers remain in the dark and the order tracking states I will receive an update shortly. Its been 10 days, that's not my definition of shortly!

artesea
So it's now the 5th, no email, no change in order status, no reply of these forums from staff. I made plans around this date, including time off work and selling my old phone, would just be nice to get an update.

Nicholasavis
I have just spoken with customer services. To start with he said I may receive the phone today but this will only be confirmed if I receive a call or text from dpd. I explained I'd taken a day off and that I wanted him to confirm of vodafone had received stock. He went away and checked, said they hadn't and their best forecast is Thursday 11th. I understand delays, I don't think that the vodafone communication strategy is acceptable nor fit.

I also do not understand why the vodafone staff have not answered these threads.

A very unhappy (new) customer at the moment!