Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Changing to a sim only contract

Aims35
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all

i have been a loyal customer of Vodafone for a number of years now and I will definitely stay with this company when my next contract is due.

i am wondering if there is any chance that I can switch my current contract to one of the sim only offers they currently have on offer (which are fantastic at the moment!)

i am am ok with transferring the remaining months on to the new contract (I have 10 remaining 😕)

i know now the usual procedure is to buy yourself out of the current contract and restart but I didn't know if it was worth trying to talk to them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Aims35

There is no harm contacting Vodafone using Live Chat or calling and asking.

If you mean you are on a full contract with the phone supplied by Vodafone at a subsidised costs with 10 months remaining, the answer would probably be no without paying off what remains on the current contract. If it was the other way round and you have a SIM only contract, you would be able to take advantage of the flexible upgrade option and move to a contract with a phone and have the time remaining on the SIM only contract waived.

The SIM only contracts are excellent value and it's quite nice providing your own phone.

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

AnnS

Hi @Aims35

There is no harm contacting Vodafone using Live Chat or calling and asking.

If you mean you are on a full contract with the phone supplied by Vodafone at a subsidised costs with 10 months remaining, the answer would probably be no without paying off what remains on the current contract. If it was the other way round and you have a SIM only contract, you would be able to take advantage of the flexible upgrade option and move to a contract with a phone and have the time remaining on the SIM only contract waived.

The SIM only contracts are excellent value and it's quite nice providing your own phone.