cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

2 lines, but can't see both under my account.

R4sh1d123
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello, I moved 1 line from talkmobile to vodafone 3 months ago, signed a 12-month contract that I bought through carphone warehouse. 

The line is working fine and I have it under my vodafone account. I just moved another  line from talkmobile to vodafone by buying from carphone warehouse and signed a 12 month contract (we have had this number for over 2 years and it's always been under ny name). The line is working fine, but I can't seem to figure out how to add it to my vodafone online account. I used my name, DOB, address, bank info..etc same as the first line when I signed up on carphone warehouse website.

I contacted vodafone via twitter and was told:

"I've taken a look into the account and found that both the numbers are on different account and within the commitment term due to which transferring the number wll trigger the termination fees. You can transfer the number via submitting the online form on https://vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/transfer-of-ownership/form/index.htm?cid=vnty-vod-auto/dvynfvtq(u... "

So I gave up moving the line to my account, then I tried signing up in myvodafone's app using this second number and my wife's info, but I got an error that the details don't match the account? 

The line is working fine, the port went smoothly; but I can't manage the line via myvodafone's app or vodafone's website ( I want to switch the sim to e-sim). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Effie

Hey @R4sh1d123 I hope you are doing well! When you purchase a Vodafone contract from a third party such as Carphone Warehouse, the line is added to a brand new account because they have no access to our systems or your existing information. The account with the new line will have been assigned a username and will have an email address registered to it. You will need to use those log in details to sign into the My Vodafone services to manage the number and plan. If you drop the Social Media Team a message here with the number, they can confirm the log in details and reset the password for you. 

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

Effie

Hey @R4sh1d123 I hope you are doing well! When you purchase a Vodafone contract from a third party such as Carphone Warehouse, the line is added to a brand new account because they have no access to our systems or your existing information. The account with the new line will have been assigned a username and will have an email address registered to it. You will need to use those log in details to sign into the My Vodafone services to manage the number and plan. If you drop the Social Media Team a message here with the number, they can confirm the log in details and reset the password for you.