Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data problems in the US

jd21uk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi everyone

There is another thread that talks about call problems in the US but I wanted to start a new thread to highlight current data roaming problems in the US as well.

Arrived in New York on Friday and can only connect to T-Mobile Edge. You can toggle airplane mode and sometimes get 4G but as soon as you move towers you either revert to Edge or lose signal completely.

Trying to select AT&T manually does not work and there is no data connection. Can somebody at Vodafone please update on what is going on? My phone worked over here perfectly back in November 2021 and my wife regularly travels here for work and hasn't seen these issues before. We both have Global Traveller Plus as part of our contracts. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jd21uk - thanks for reaching out to us about roaming in the USA. Please take a look at our Roaming changes page, to find out what's happening. 

Hi Gemma, I did see that article but it doesn't completely answer my issues. We are continually getting kicked off 4G and cannot connect to AT&T at all. 

I can certainly appreciate how frustrating this must be @jd21uk and I'm sorry you're having issues with your 4G over in the US.

We have been made aware that our partnership connection whilst using the USA networks was affected by their closure of their 3G services. Our network team have made us aware that from the 15th September, 4G will become available for any Vodafone customers currently in the USA who have a 4G compatible handset.