Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incorrect charges

Janeg1
2: Seeker

Been charged for calls to USA I not made not in call log as police checked yet Vodafone say I made them .any suggestions next step 

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

If you have received the bill all outgoing calls will be itemised.  Outgoing calls are logged against the IMEI number of the phone, and there would be no doubt by Vodafone the calls originated from the phone and SIM. 

You need to ask yourself f there is any chance someone has had the opportunity to use your phone, it's easy to delete an outgoing call from the phone call log.  You need to add all the security measures possible the phone offers to prevent unauthorised use.  From your online account there are bars you can add, this includes an international calling bar restriction.

It might be worth Googling the numbers to see if there are any other instances reported elsewhere - scams can be so sophisticated they cause you to lose money without realising what is happening.

The best thing to do is to let the Social Team get this investigated on your behalf, they can be contacted through social channels by following this link Contact Us .

Janeg1
  • I’ve been in touch with customer care and like you say they said it me .i can assure you I not called and no one has my phone .some where made before I got up and phone under my pillow .tried googling numbers said none exsist so no idea .cost me 40 pound extra this month just for calls to USA 

Janeg1

They said wait till pdf of bill online then check but if I Joe for million percent I not used phone called how .police had phone few weeks ago to check stuff then these started 25 th March 

AnnS

Yes @Janeg1 , you didn't mention you hadn't received the bill.  This would give you something to go on when speaking to Customer Services.  

Not that you would of course, but there would be plenty of people making overseas calls and coming back to say they hadn't made the calls and want all charges refunded.

Presumably you have now enabled all the security available the phone offers and have activated the overseas calling bar from your account.

Yes all bars are on only allowing uk calls no premium calls texts in either .so frustrating .checking billing every day now too 

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Can't remember exactly when, but I had an issue where I had calls classified to USA instead to one of Europe.an Countries, can remember which one.
Wait for the Bill as Vodafone does not investigate Billing issues until Bill has been issued.