Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number cleanse?

Free
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Around 6 weeks ago I took out a new Vodafone contract, asked for my old number to be ported over O2 - this took Vodafone almost 5 weeks to do, O2 SIM deactivated 7 days ago and for those 7 days I've had no service at all. Called Vodafone daily, keep being told another 24 hrs and it will be done. Needless to say, it hasn't been done and now I'm being told they need to "cleanse" my number? No explanation of what that means? Any ideas? Anyone?

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

This sounds like a porting issue @Free and will need account access. Drop the Social Team a message through social channels here Contact us 

Mena19187
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello @Free 
When your number moves to Vodafone, it’s referred to as ‘porting in’ and once a port in order is raised, a port out (the opposite to which creates a disconnection order on the other provider’s end) order is raised. These two orders must be synchronized so that the process would go through smoothly. However, if there is an issue on either side’s system or that the number exists on both systems at the same time or that the orders are not synchronized, then Vodafone will need to do a number cleanse.

By number cleanse, it means that all the details and settings will be reset and that includes doing a disconnection of the number and all its services and a reconnection again.

I must be honest with you and say that either someone isn’t doing their jobs properly or that they keep on escalating it and each escalation takes 24 hours and that’s why you are given a time to wait without proper explanation of the process or at least to be provided with a hint of what’s going on in the background. But this delay that happened, it’s not only Vodafone, but the previous provider as well is accountable for it. Regardless, as soon as the issue gets resolved, try to check on both ends for the possibility of getting compensated for the inconvenience. And of course you must be refunded for the couple of days you had no service active at all! If no automated refund is made, then please make sure to call the contact center to get this sorted out as it is your right!

Hopefully that helps!

AnnS

Don't post Al replies @Mena19187 , just your own experience.  You have even got the American spelling a good giveaway.  It's also against Community Guidelines.

If @Free wanted an Al generated reply he could have easily found it.

Hello @AnnS 

How’s your day going?

Please allow me to point out that this was my genuine response to their question, yet, if it sounded too American AI-ish then I guess you might be complimenting me for perfection ww 

Anyways, stay safe!