Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unknown bill and non contact

GarthVader85
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had been a loyal customer to vodafone for many years and had some minor problems which were easily solved by calling up the company and them sorting out my problems.

However when my account was messed up by the server change issues, and me calling up 3 seperate times to have this sorted out, I believed it was time for a change.

However I recived a bill for about £400. When I called up I spoke to someone who told me that this was broken up into "outstanding call charges/Line rental" and an "early termination Fee".

After some converstaion I was told that the early termination fee would be wiped from the bill and I agreed to pay £20 a month untill the debt was settled.

So for the next 9 months I kept £20 in my account to pay this.

A YEAR LATER I recieve a letter from both Vodafone and Lowell Financial saying I owe them £362.09.

I contact somone from the webchat and after a while I was told that vodafone had recieved the full amount and that the collections team would be contacted and that I would not recieve any more letters or phone calls.

A month after I recieve these first letters, and another letter from Lowell alone, I then recieve an "overdue payment - Final notice" letter from Vodafone, telling me that I still owed them money and that if I didn't pay it they would register a Defult status against my account and instruct a debt collection agency to collect the payment.  I then called up Vodafone as I had also had a phone call form Lowel after I was told there would be no more contact from the collections company.

I'm on the phone to someone who is looking through my account and tells me, repetedly, that I owe a total of £362.09, and that there is nothing he can do.  I continue to explain that I have been told that my account has been setteled and I ask when the last payment was RECIEVED, to which he keeps telling me that there was supposed to be a payment on a date. Again I asked when the last payment They actually recieved was, and he reeled off the 3rd of February 2016. When checked on my bank page, there was no payment to vodafone then or around that date.  There were two payments of £20, one on 20/04/2016 and the second on 31/05/2016.  After much back and forth and him not being helpful and me insisting on itemised bills with payments from the beginning of my acount, at least 7 years worth, he finally told me that I had missed one payment of £20 because there were "insufficiant funds in the account", even though I kept £20 in my account for this very reason, and that they don't contact customers when there is a missed payment.  Also the "early termination fee" that was wiped off the account had been replaced. The guy on the phone was very unhelpful and refused to accept that there was money in my account and that I still owed them the money.

I refuse to accept this as a fair way for Vodafone to treat thier customers, old or new, and would like to ask anyone if they can tell me who I can go to to complain about this matter. I have already put a complaint in with Ofcom, but they do not resolve matters, so I would like to know who can resolve this, preferably without going to court.  Thank you very much.

1 REPLY 1

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GarthVader85

So we can take a look into this for you, please follow the instructions in the private message I've just sent.

Thanks