Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unrecognised phone number in my account

mtbykn
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

I am a Vodafone customer for the past few years. Recently I tried logging into my account on Vodafone website and after entering my e-mail and password correctly, I was then asked to select a phone number to send a security code to.

There are three numbers in the list to choose from (all numbers are partially hidden, only last four digits are visible), one of them is the one I use and the other two have identical last four digits. I do not recognise the latter numbers. and when I select them to continue I am asked to put in the verification SMS code to sign in. Obviously this does not work since I do not possess those numbers and never receive the SMS code.

I have logged into my usual account using the number I recognise and do not see any other users, plans or any suspicious activity in my account, but I am wondering where these unrecognised numbers might be coming from? 

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Effie

Hey @mtbykn I can certainly appreciate how concerning this must be.

Any chargeable service so tablets, SIM only plans, phones, landlines, MIFI devices, dongles, data-only SIMs, OneNumber plans for watches and Smart Home Assistants, V-Pet devices, V-Trackers etc will all have a number assigned to them and other than landlines, this will be an 11 digit mobile number. If you have any of these then that will explain the additional mobile numbers on your account. If however you only have your mobile number and that is it, we will need to access the account and find out what those numbers are linked to. 

As we have no account access here on the Forum, please reach out to the Social Media Team here or the LiveChat Team so they can get this all checked out for you. 

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

Effie

Hey @mtbykn I can certainly appreciate how concerning this must be.

Any chargeable service so tablets, SIM only plans, phones, landlines, MIFI devices, dongles, data-only SIMs, OneNumber plans for watches and Smart Home Assistants, V-Pet devices, V-Trackers etc will all have a number assigned to them and other than landlines, this will be an 11 digit mobile number. If you have any of these then that will explain the additional mobile numbers on your account. If however you only have your mobile number and that is it, we will need to access the account and find out what those numbers are linked to. 

As we have no account access here on the Forum, please reach out to the Social Media Team here or the LiveChat Team so they can get this all checked out for you.