Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade to 30 Day Contract

B-12345
11: Established
11: Established

Hi all,

Say I am now elegible for an upgrade, but my contract ends on July 30. Am I able to upgrade to a 30 day contract now, and say upgrade to a new phone next month? 

Without extra charge of course.

Many thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

No it doesn't work like that. The closest you can come to that is a sim only contract uograde now and in three months you can upgrade again to a contract that includes a phone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Ah so 12 month SIM only is my only option for SIM only?

jeffkinn

No there are 30 day sim only contracts. You could go that route as well.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Ah this is what I tried to say in the inital comment. So I can go for a 30 day contract now, then after 30 days, i can upgrade surely?

jeffkinn

Yes - in my original reply I forgot about the 30 day sim only contracts. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Perfect, thank you for that. I think I shall do that

Getafix
16: Advanced member

If you are in Early Upgrade window, then you cannot move to a 30 Day SIM Only. 

You can upgrade to 12 month SIM only or Contract with phone.

You can move to 30 days SIM Only once you finish your current contract, which would be on or after 30Jul.

AnnS

Hi @B-12345

You can't change to a 30 day contract until you are in the last 30 days of your contract.  

It would be a better option for you to wait until you are in your upgrade period, you will then be in a position to negotiate a new contract with a phone.  If you check you My Vodafone Application or online account, you will be able to see your upgrade date which will probably be very soon.

Upgrading before the end of contact will mean paying an upgrade charge and this is something to be aware of.

Getafix

My original post seems to have disappeared as I tried to edit it and add more info.

Bottomline is you cannot upgrade to a 30 Days SIM only contract until 30Jul.

In early upgrade window you could move to 12 month SIM only or Contract with Phone.

12 Month SIM only can be upgrade to Contract with phone after 3 months.