Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

turnaround on repair time

mgm2010lrm2014
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

took my xz3 into a store last friday morning 8th March.  heard nothing since.   5 days later i've gone into on-line chat and i've been told that my phone is still at the store and hasn't been posted for repair.  what's the deal?  i've not had the phone 6 months so its under warranty,  i've been given a courtesy phone that's ancient, no like for like equivalent, yet im still expected to pay full costs for this device.  what's the turnaround for a repair?  the usb/headphone adaptor socket is goosed.   is it standard for a handset to just sit there for days before being shipped off?  might be why i've not heard any status updates.  

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @mgm2010lrm2014 

The best thing to do is to track your own repair by following this link: Track My Repair

At least this way you will be able to get the best updated information.

already done that with the tracker.  just wasn't expecting it to say "repair booked - in store awaiting collection" 5 days after taking the device in.  i'd have expected it to maybe have been in store for 24/36 hours before being shipped, but 5 days?  come on.  that's abysmal. 

lumbered with a `courtesy` phone that's 7 years old.  one step up from a burner.

The item, no matter what it is in the UK, was and is not fit for the use it was sold, so demand a brand new replacement or a full refund.  I'm fed up reading such instances and it's us (the customers) who always suffer, whilst the provider (in this case Vodafone), simply continue to take our money and add it to their huge year upon year profits.