cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can someone resync my suresignal please?

chewystuey
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hasn't be useable for almost 2 weeks, maybe longer. followed all the steps. reset the device etc..

stats as requested below, thanks:

Speed Test Results: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3281627284 

Pingtest: http://www.pingtest.net/result/92854197.png 

External IP: 92.234.77.247 

Traceroute:

P:\>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms CHEWYS-TIMECAPS [10.0.1.1]
2 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms 10.233.204.1
3 8 ms 9 ms 8 ms croy-core-2b-ae7-735.network.virginmedia.net [81.96.231.65]
4 9 ms 9 ms 13 ms popl-bb-1c-ae10-0.network.virginmedia.net [81.96.226.5]
5 11 ms 17 ms 10 ms nrth-bb-1c-et-500-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.175.249]
6 11 ms 12 ms 11 ms nrth-bb-1b-ae11-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.109]
7 16 ms 13 ms 12 ms tele-ic-4-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.18]
8 18 ms 15 ms 15 ms ldngw1.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.209]
9 12 ms 14 ms 18 ms 85.205.116.2
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.

VSS serial number:  21230699171 

17 REPLIES 17

It's still not working :Sad_face:

It's connecting throughout the day (second light comes on and stays solid) but the 4th light only ever flashes.

just now it did the funny light sequence which it has done previously, then did the 4 lights in sequence, which makes me think again that it is trying to download software and the final sequence is the reboot?

Hi chewystuey,  

Once the Sure Signal has downloaded software, it’ll automatically reboot.

I can see it connected to our servers at 03:16 this morning, is everything now working for you?

I can also see that a location change has been detected.

This can be caused by updates sent out by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or maintenance they’ve been performing.

I’ve updated the system to remove the message, so can you do a factory reset for me as advised by Dave above?

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy,

No it's still not working. 

Yesterday I put the virgin superhub back into router mode to see if that would make a difference. It didn't, so later on I put it back into modem mode, either of thse may have caused me to get a new external IP, which is probably why you see the "location changed" message.

I've followed the complete reset sequence several times now and it still hasn't worked. Clearly you can see the box trying to connect, but why can it not do so? 

Are there more in depth diagnostics you can do on the box?

Thanks,

stuart 

Hi chewystuey,

The Sure Signal is connecting to the server and everything looks fine from our end.

Looking at the registration everything looks up to date now so you shouldn’t be having any new issues.

When you saw the new light sequence, did you leave the Sure Signal plugged in and connected whilst this happened?

Are you now seeing a different light sequence?

If this still doesn’t work, the next step is to try the Sure Signal on a different internet connection at a friends or relative house to rule out a faulty Sure Signal.

James

Hi,

I had a solid 2 lights on, but as I sat here it's just the 4 lights in sequence, and is now back to just the first solid light..

I will see if I can try it at a friends house, but it's not that easy. 

Are there no other diagnostics you can perform remotely? or that I can, say, telnet into the device to run here?

Thanks,

stuart. 

Hi Stuart,

There aren’t I’m afraid.

If you try the Sure Signal on a different internet connection and see the same light sequence, it does indicate that there may be a fault with the unit.

If this is the case, you can send it for repair but, as it’s no longer under warranty, the repair would be chargeable.

The new v3 Sure Signal is available for £100.

If there’s not much difference in cost between this and a repair, it may be something to consider.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy,

I understand that's the company line - but it's hardly very useful for somebody on an £18 per month sim only contract. Why would I pay an extra £100 pounds to fix an issue with both A) your box (which may have failed) and B) your general network which doesn't cover my area properly (despite the coverage maps saying it does).

Certainly the original SS did not cost me £100. 

The SS is connecting to your network - I can not believe there is no way to telnet to it and run some diagnostics?

Hi chewystuey,

Unfortunately we simply don’t have any way to currently run any remote diagnostics but this is something that we’re investigating.

The only way to distinguish between a setup issue or a faulty Sure Signal is to try this on a different internet connection at a friends or family members house.

If it is faulty, we can also look at doing an out of warranty repair for £65.

James