cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I "transfer sure signal ownership to another number"?

tom8384
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I

I swapped my SIM, and now sure signal does not work with my phone. All other phones work fine.

Vodafone help says "remove and re-add your number"... but I can't since I'm the owner.

Vodafone help then says "to transfer ownership to another number".  Anyone know how to do that?  There is no action on the web mgmt page that will let me do that!!

Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the answers everyone.

For the record, Dipti from vodafone chat online technical support solved this for me by swapping ownership and then removing and re-adding my number.  It was done in 5 minutes and all works now.  Thanks Dipti!

There doesn't seem to be a way of doing this yourself, and I didn't try the re-register sure signal approach either.  

May I suggest the vodafone adds a button to the mgmt panel to make this easier in the future?

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Generic information when a person SIM swaps is to de register the number for 24 hours and then re register. 

From > Vodafone-Sure-Signal/NEW-location-for-the-Vodafone-Sure-Signal-management-dashboard.

"For future reference to ANYBODY looking for the Sure Signal management page.

When you log in to your account you'll get a list of the numbers on your phone account in the middle of the page, click on ANY of them. On the left there will be an option "manage services" and if you click that you'll find the Sure Signal dashboard link on the left
."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes I am trying to deregister my number.

I have found the sure signal mgmt panel.  I can see the numbers registered on my sure signal.

I can add, edit and remove all numbers except my own, because my number is the 'owner'.

Does anyone know how to transfer 'ownership' to a different number?

I can make other numbers be 'an admin', but that is all I've found.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@tom8384 To resolve your issue you'll need to de-register your Sure Signal, allow 24 hours and then register it again. 

This will ensure that all of the numbers that you intend to use with your Sure Signal are correcly matched on our server. 

Thanks for the answers everyone.

For the record, Dipti from vodafone chat online technical support solved this for me by swapping ownership and then removing and re-adding my number.  It was done in 5 minutes and all works now.  Thanks Dipti!

There doesn't seem to be a way of doing this yourself, and I didn't try the re-register sure signal approach either.  

May I suggest the vodafone adds a button to the mgmt panel to make this easier in the future?

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@tom8384 We're happy to hear that Dipti was able to resolve your issue. 

We'll look into feeding this back to improve the online My Vodafone experience. 

Thank you for your feedback.