Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I'm on my 3rd Sure Signal - still not working

Katrinafox
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have a new lastest version off the Sure Signal - and I cant get it to work

Red flashing light - then only other light is far end one in orange.

I've had 2 replacements since 1st May - so this is my 3rd new box - please help me

I'm not a technical genius so I've tried to follow the instructions as best as I can

Speed test results

Download speed 6.60 Mbps

Upload speed 0.54 Mbps

Ping test results

97ms Jitter 101ms

External IP address

Sure Signal serial number: 40130424126

The results of a traceroute ‘command not found’ 

Please help 

17 REPLIES 17

someonenice
11: Established
11: Established

you may wish to contact customer services.

Regards

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

Have any of the devices worked?

It could be that there is a problem with the config of your router or internet provider.

Who is your ISP, and what is the make/model of the router if there are any markings on it that will tell you.

Also for the traceroute, did you use tracert as the command, or traceroute? it should be the shorter of the two.

Hi thanks for the replies - I've spent over 12 hours so far on the phone to customer service, online help and waiting in for new routers. You're my last hope.

As I said I'm not a technical person but the internet provided by BT and the router is a 

BT Home Hub 3.0

Tried the trace route with the shorter command  -  same error 'command not found' 

grolschuk

As you seem to have found, there are quite a number of threads about the home hub and suresignal

I've not really followed any of them to know if there are any good outcomes or if things are still being worked on to find out what is stopping things working.

Hopefully one of those will provide an answer if you do a search for Home Hub :Sad_face:

Hi Katrinafox,

We are currently aware of an issue with using the Sure Signal with BT Home Hubs which is under investigation here.

James

Thanks for the reply - there hasn't been an update to the thread since the 3rd May - is that correct? or have I missed something

Hi Katrinafox,

I’ve not heard anything but, as it’s been a while, I’ll ask to see if there’s an update available. As soon as I get more information, I’ll post back to you.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Katrinafox,

I’ve heard back from a colleague and there’s no further information as yet, other than what’s given on the post James linked to.

Thanks,

Andrew

I'm still waiting on an update on this - how much longer do I have to wait?