Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No sure signal for last few months...

DeanBarrett
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have had a V1 for the last 4 years which with the exception of a few lock ups has worked fine.

I think it probably stopped working around December as we received texts from Vodafone stating that our Sure Signal 21197249333 has moved ? which it hadnt - then received further texts reminded me to update postcode.

We've managed without until the last few weeks where the local vodafone signal (MK43 0HD) has got so bad we can no longer make reliable calls or send texts from home.

Rebooted the Sure signal and noted no change - spoke to very UNhelpful customer service guy who basically said it was our problem...

Thankfully i had an un-used still in box V1 at the office which i bought home - registered on system and has now sat here for three days with solid power green and slow flashing Internet.

Nothing has change at home since December - same ISP, same speeds, same Draytek Vigor router.

Spoke to a far far more helpful customer support lady who confirmed Sure Signal was registered but phones not connected - she talked us through taking the phones on and off vodafone network to re-register them but still no change.

Below are my results of tests usually requested.

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms my.router [192.168.1.1]
2 7 ms 7 ms 6 ms lo0_ecldsl-bba5.th.eclipse.net.uk [82.153.1.61]

3 7 ms 7 ms 6 ms 91.85.10.17
4 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms 86.54.135.173
5 7 ms 13 ms 7 ms vl-39.lon-gs1cr.spn.kcom.com [62.164.168.9]
6 6 ms 7 ms 6 ms ldn-s10-rou-1041.UK.eurorings.net [134.222.146.5
2]
7 9 ms 7 ms 7 ms ldn-s2-rou-1101.UK.eurorings.net [134.222.231.25
]
8 7 ms 8 ms 7 ms 195.2.22.229
9 7 ms 8 ms 7 ms 195.2.30.61
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Speed Test :-

Ping 9ms, download 5.80Mbps upload 0.73 Mbps

SS Serial Number 21197249325 (using new PSU and new Patch lead)

External IP 82.152.41.31

I need to get this sorted as i have 35 phones on my Vodafone account and if a cannot talk to my employee's when i'm at home i'll need to find a provider i can use...

Help really would be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

plasterman2
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

m

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi DeanBarrett,

Thanks for taking the time to post your details. 

Everything from the speedtest, traceroute and IP details looks fine. I can see the Sure Signal is active on the network, but the light sequence you mention shows there's an issue setting up.

Try placing it in a different part of the house, preferably positioned as far away from your router as you can.

If this doesn't work, test it on another internet connection for an hour or so. Testing it at a friend or relatives house will help rule out an issue with your ISP or setup. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Thanks Ben - have moved to different location in house - though original position adjacent to routers/wifi not changed in years.

If i have no joy i will try at relatives house.

What could be ISP related issue ? again i have not changed ISP for many years who are Eclipse.

Hi DeanBarrett, 

If it's an ISP issue then you would need to speak to them directly, it's not something we'd be able to fix unfortunately. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Ok - i have now had the suresignal installed at my parents house for 4 days - different ISP etc. and still just the flashing green.

I think this confirms conclusively that my 2 x Suresignals connected to 2 x different ISP are not the problem !!

Please let me know what vodafone will be doing next to rectify...

I note no one commented on why we received texts saying that we had moved etc. as it was after this that your system stopped working for us.

I look forward to further progress.

Dean.

Hi DeanBarrett,

The location change text can be caused by a number of things including an IP range change by your internet provider or the Sure Signal being moved.

The Sure Signal ending 325 hasn’t connected to our server since it was registered.

This would normally indicate a problem with the ports being blocked.

The Sure Signal Ending 333 is showing as having a location profile change which I've updated for you.

Please reset this unit and let me know how you get on.

Reset your Sure Signal:

For versions 1 and 2:

-Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid

-Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in

-Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead

-Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

Are both of the Sure Signals on different connection?

For the one ending 325, I’d check the ports on that connection by following the instructions here.

James

"The Sure Signal ending 325 hasn’t connected to our server since it was registered.

This would normally indicate a problem with the ports being blocked.

The Sure Signal Ending 333 is showing as having a location profile change which I've updated for you."

What numbers are these - serial number of the SS sitting on my desk is 990 ??

Hi DeanBarrett, 

These are the serial numbers you provided in your first post. 

Please confirm the full serial number of the Sure Signal you've mentioned in your last post (ending 990).

Thanks, 

Kay

Ok - serial ending 325 is the newest one that i have tried with two different ISP's on two different types of routers with no joy.

21196987990 was working for last 4 years until recently.

Both above showing flashing @ LED regardless of location/isp/router used.

ending 333 was Suresignal i purchased for a customer years ago - must have been registered to my email address - so can ignore this one.

Thanks