Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Please Re-Sync Sure Signal after address change

Conti360
4: Newbie

Hi my SN: 40121314047. VSS 2

I have re-registered under a different address.

9 REPLIES 9

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Conti360,

I've done the resync for you. Make sure you do a factory reset and let us know if that gets things working.

Dave

I followed the factory reset procedure below:

•Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)

•Keeping the reset button held, remove and re-insert the power lead.

•Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button.

•The Sure Signal Box should come online within the hour. - With Solid system light.

The lights began to flash simultaneously, it was then left for well over 4 hours. Checked on it again and now there are no lights apart from the power light. Please help ?

I have had this working at a different address.

I de-registered it and re-registered at a new address - Status showing as REGISTERED and ACTIVE.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there Conti360,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Can you try another router?

Have you tried disabling the firewall for a short period?

I've checked and there was a location change flag on the VSS so I've cleared the flag and forced another resync for you. Can you do another factory reset for me?

Thanks,

LeeH

Hi

Did the factory reset again but no joy, still didn't work.

The white lights only ever flash for a couple of minutes - usually after a reboot or power has been off and put back on again.

After they have flashed for a couple of minutes nothing else happens.

When the white lights flash they do so simultaneously.

The Power Light remains ON at all times [ except of course when power is disconnected during a Factory Reset ] - no other lights appear or stay.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

It is a ZyXEL P-660HW-D1.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Conti360,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can see that another location change has been detected since Lee last reset this above.

If you’ve not physically moved the Sure Signal then this may be due to updates by your ISP behind the scenes.

I’ve updated and re-synced this for you so please complete this process by performing a factory reset again.

Let me know how you get on. :Smiling:

Thanks,

Jenny

Just to let you know I have physically moved it from on elocation to another.

Is this going to have an affect.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Conti360,

As long as you're on the same internet connection then no it shouldn't affect the unit in any way. We encourage you to keep the location updated on your Sure Signal profile online so as to help the emergency services pinpoint your location should you ever have need of them in future.

Can you let me know if you've reset the unit to complete the re-synchronisation?

Cheers, Ben

Hi the unit was reset after syncronisation. This has been peformed 4 times.

Still not working - only the power light is ON (solid).

I have had this working at a different location but as to why it is not working at the location postcode M43, baffles me. If you have any other recommendations please let me know.

Hi Conti360,

After the change of location there has been a location profile change detected.

I have cleared this today for you, however can you let me know who your internet provider is?

If you log into your router admin page, have you tried to lower or turn off any firewalls that are active to see if there is something blocking it from connecting as there hasn’t been an updated connection since 04 April.

When you did move it to a different location, were you able to connect to the Sure Signal or did you have the same issue?

James