Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V2 problem

StevePendray2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have two Vodafone phones registered on my SureSignal. One of them works through the signal (the light on SS comes on when I use the phone ). The other has been registered for some months but doesn't show a 3G signal and when I use it the SS light does not come on.

I've deregistered the second phone and then reregistered it, but it's made no difference.

On the SS I see the red power light plus one circular light normally. When I use the phone another light comes on.

Speed test: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5338087854

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 11 ms 18 ms 28 ms cpc8-amer3-2-0-gw.15-2.cable.virginm.net [86.13.201.1]
2 10 ms 9 ms 12 ms watf-core-2a-xe-1130-0.network.virginmedia.net [80.3.1.93]
3 19 ms 18 ms 13 ms brnt-bb-1a-ae7-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.175.90]
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 25 ms 35 ms 11 ms brnt-bb-1c-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254.42.198]
6 15 ms 11 ms 15 ms ae10-xcr1.lnd.cw.net [195.2.9.149]
7 14 ms 11 ms 14 ms ae15-xcr1.lns.cw.net [195.2.30.114]
8 * * * Request timed out.

10 REPLIES 10

Retired-Beau
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@StevePendray2

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

I already looked at your  Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, my issue wasn't listed so I followed the instructions given, which led to my first post.

@StevePendray2

What's the serial number of your Sure Signal device?

The serial number is 40120547753. I spent an hour yesterday on an online chat with a Vodafone agent. He did various things on my account, changed my login from an email to a username, rest my password, and claimed that he had resolved my Sure Signal problem. He said it would start working afer 2-3 hours but nothing has changed.  I wonder if it's a problem with me having two online accounts?

The sequence of events (over many years is)

1. I got a work mobile

2. The signal was intermittent at home, so I bought a personal Sure Signal

3. I registered it using my personal email but the work phone number. The work mobile uses the Sure Signal.

4. I bought a personal vodafone mobile.

5. I couldn't buy it with my normal email address (because of the existing account) so I bought it with a secondary email address.I therefore have two Vodafone logins.

6. Using my first login, I added my new personal mobile as a registered user to the Sure Signal.  That has never worked properly.(There seems something odd with that account - the web pages look an old design and it says 

Last log in was

26 March 2015

which is not true)

7. My wife has a Virgin mobile, but the signal in our home (through EE) has deteriorated over recent days as the trees have grown. Also their local mast is currently being fixed and they have no ETA.

8.  I want to get her a Vodafone SIM and promise her that Sure Signal will guarantee a signal.  But I need to be convinced that this will work.

I really hope you can help!

Having written my previous response, I thought I'd try some DIY fixing and have made the problem worse. I de-registred the Sure Signal from my first account and re-registered it with the shiny new account set up by the Vodafone agent. Then I added my work mobile as a registered user.

Now neither phones work on the Sure Signal. Is there a time delay between registering the SS and getting a service from it?

Finally. Another 46 minute online chat with Yogesh who kows what he's talkign about. He managed to reset the Sure Signal and we're up and running!

@StevePendray2

Sorry to hear this took so long to resolve.

If you need any further help with it, just let us know.

I celebrated too soon!. Although I can now make calls on both phones, neither of them can receive texts or phone calls!  I've tried setting up port forwarding as described here http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/VirginMedia/Super_Hub_2/Vodafone_Sure_Signal....  but 

a) it didn't work

b) it didn't really explain how to get a static IP for the Sure Signal

c) I don't really understand why it should be needed.

Any advice

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@StevePendray2 I can see your Sure Signal last made contact for all services late last night (2 June). 

If you're still having trouble, please let us know.