Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal with Blackberry Q5.

huwcsharp
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Sure signal worked fine with my old Blackberry Q5 but no luck with my new Q5. Any suggestions, please.

Huw

7 REPLIES 7

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Hi Huw,

Did you change your sim card when you changed your phone?

It could just be that the SS needs a resync. If you post your serial number here then the eForum team should be able to arrange this.

Nabs

Thanks Nabs. Yes - the sim card was changed as the Q5 required a different one. The serial no for my Sure Signal device is 40123639011. Fingers crossed they can help as I depend on my mobile phone for working from home.

Huw

Nabs

Hi Huw,

A SIM change is the most likely reason for it to have stopped working,  The SureSignal uses the unique serial number of your SIM to determine wether your phones allowed to connect or not, your's will now be different so it's going to think you are not allowed to connect.

Most of the time the SS will update itself within around 24hours but the Tech Team can force it to sooner. As you have already posted the serial number they should be able to do this as soon as they pick up your post, sit tight! :smileyhappy:

Nabs

jeffkinn

I changed my sim card last week. The tech team deregistered my SS for 24 hours and when they re-registered it the new sim card was picked up immediately. Apprently this is the usual and best method for updating an SS for a new sim card.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hi huwcsharp,

I've given your Sure Signal a resync. Give the box a reset to pick this up:

For Sure Signal version 1 or 2:

• Unplug the ethernet cable from the Sure Signal
  • Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • Plug the cable back in
  • Allow around one hour for the Sure Signal to come back online.

For Sure Signal version 3:

• Unplug the ethernet cable from the Sure Signal
  • Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • Plug the cable back in
  • Allow around one hour for the Sure Signal to come back online.

For future reference, the best way to sort this is actually to remove your number from the Sure Signal, wait an hour and add it again. You only need to de-register the Sure Signal if yours is the only number on it.

Dave

jeffkinn
That was the difference with me - I was the owner of the SS

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Nabs
When I changed mine the SS picked it up after about 8hrs I think. I guess different things are going to work for different people. If 1 doesn't work then try another.

Nabs