Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal not connecting with office static ip

davidray
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We have the SureSignal2 and it refuses to setup through our office network. I have tried everything to register it, but am unable.

I have tried manually mapping the external ports to the device through NAT, but that doesn't work. I have also tried mapping one of our static public ip's to it and that doesn't work.  I know it will connect through the router type we have as I have another SureSignal at my house with the same router, Draytek, and it connects fine just pluggin it in and using NAT.

The issue appears to be an issue with the static addresses we have at the office, as if I redirect the packets from the SureSignal through a VPN to the router at my house and out through that route, I have got it to work. The difference being the router at my house is connected to BT Infinity and the office is a fibre Internet line, provided by another local provider. Although, routing it home like this isn't a long term solution as whenever the vpn drops or the ip address changes at home etc., the SureSignal fails again.

The router goes through the procedure of connecting and downloading the software, which I can see by viewing traffic logs, but after 1/2 hour or so it all the lights disappear only leaving the red steady power light.

Could it be that these ip addresses are blocked by Vodafone? I have read that it could only be 'big' ISP's addresses are allowed through, but I find this hard to believe - but our experience tells otherwise and there is very little else we can try.

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

The IP addresses would be a good place to start looking, especially since you have had it directly connected to outside.

The reason why only 'big' ISPs have been mentioned, is that only UK bound IPs are allowed to be used on the system, thus taking the pools from the big players will cover a high porportion of uk address space.

I am sure the majority of smaller ISPs have been added too, but a few could have been missed

If you let the team know (when they get to this post, which may be a day or so) what your address range is, they can check that it is on the system, and if not go about getting the required info to add it.

Anybody able to unlock my ip?

Hi davidray,

Can you post your office IP address/range and we can request that it's added to our whitelist.

Thanks

Andrew

109.239.110.156 - 109.239.110.158

Thanks

Hi I have exactly the same problem can you also add my static IP address it is:
Could you also add this to you white list thanks.
Regards
William Bartram

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there Wbartram,

I've requested for the IP range to be added to the whitelist.

AS soon as we have an update we'll let you know.

Cheers,

LeeH

Thanks!

Have these ip addresses, 109.239.110.156 - 109.239.110.158. every been added to the white list as the SureSignal will not not work on these addresses?

It works ok elsewhere just not in the office and we really could do with getting it working.

thanks

Hi davidray, 

I've requested that IP range to be added to our whitelist now, it should be done in the next 2 working days

Paul