Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SureSignal stopped working

jcurtis
4: Newbie

I have a SS (serial 40111611451) which seemingly is barring outgoing calls.  Inbound are fine, outbound will start a call then you just get 'call failed'.  I have also had texts saying this unit has moved and to re-confirm the post  code.  Which I have done, a few times as I kept getting the same texts to remind me to do it.  The external IP address hasn't changed, so don't know what is going on.

Can you see if this box had dropped out of some database which prevents it from permitting outbound calls?

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jcurtis,

The error you’re getting can be fixed quite easily.

We need to perform a SAC change so that your Sure Signal knows where you’re located.

An explanation of what this is can be found here – ‘Call Failed’ error when making calls

We’ll let you know when this is done.

Thanks,

Simon

Hi,

Having spent roughly an hour on the phone to tech support people, they said somthing similair.  Although they didn't fix it.  Their next step was to de-register and re-register it, which I have done.  The box is some 150 miles away from me at the moment, so don't know if it's back up or working as it should at the moment.  I can ping it by hopping onto a local box there, so presume it is back in operation.

I did notice planned maintenance for the local mast(s) the night before it stopped working, could that have played a part?

Hi jcurtis,

I’m sorry it’s taken a while to get back to you.

De-registering the Sure Signal wouldn’t help in this situation.

I’ve now managed to get this sorted.

Your Sure Signal will be out of action for around 12 hours.

You don’t need to do any resets on the device and please don’t unplug or disconnect it.

If you’re still having the issue in 24 hours, please let me know.

Thanks,

Simon