Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal not working

Kengr1
4: Newbie

Hello

Suresignal v1 S/N 21196794842

I have two sure signala a v1 and a recently acquired v3. Both have been working very well.

Last week I changed my ISP, and my ADSL modem/router. With some reconfiguration on my network.

The v3 still works flawlessly, but the v1 only displays the single power light. This is despite a couple of resets. Can you help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thas it all working nicely now. Thanks for all your help.

View solution in original position

27 REPLIES 27

Hi @NickDean

Please de register and re-register the Vodafone Sure Signal, this’ll update the details of the new SIM cards in the phones.

Once this has been done, perform a reset on the iPhones within the reach of the Vodafone Sure Signal, so that it can pick the phones signal up.

Cheers,

Laura

Hi Laura

Thanks for the reply and i've re-registered the SS, reassigned all phones, restarted the phones next to the SS but still no signal.

The problem seems that after resetting the SS (pressing for 30 seconds) the 4 lights run through their sequence, the power light displays constant, the @ light becomes solid after a while but the tick light flashes but never remains solid and eventually i'm only left with the power light on.

Could it be broken?

Thanks

Nick

cineriv
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi Nick,

Looking at your symptoms I think your power supply is failing, even thou the power light is constant.

It is now a common failure on the Mk.1 Sure Signal and becoming more frequent on the Mk.2

You will require a 12v 1.5A power unit with a 2.5 mm connector and are readily available on Ebay or Amazon for about £10 or less (£3 with some dealers) or if you can borrow one to prove the point, even better!

More info here....... 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/SureSignal-1-flashing-but-not-working-possible-f...

Good luck,

Mike.

Hi,

Thanks for all your efforts. The issue is now respolved and we have a full 5 bars signal..... because i went and purchased a new Sure Signal (in store, as the online shop is broken). Its great and a vast improvement of version 1 and Voda customer services have agreed to refund the £100. Happy days :Smiling:

Thanks

Hold the press.... It's just blown up! Literally just as i posted that it has been resolved we heard a pop in the corner as the unit started smoking...

The SS was red hot. Is this normal. Back to the drawing board :Sad_face:

Hi @NickDean24,

Certainly not normal.

Please return the Sure Signal to the store and they'll arrange a replacement.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt

I popped in to the store today to return but both stores in Loughbourgh are out of stock and cant tell me when they'll be getting more in!!! The online Voda store is also still broken and not accepting SS orders.The nightmare continues...

Nick

Hi @NickDean24

I’m sorry to hear this.

As soon as the Vodafone Sure Signals come in stock, they’ll be available online, or speak to the store directly.

Cheers,

Laura