Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodaphone are RUBBISH

dinks2009
2: Seeker

I have been dealing with Vodafone for the last six months and I have never seen such a  pathetic excuse for a company!! In a nutshell, to make this long sarga as short as possible, daughter got a iPhone a couple of years ago and has a year to go on the contract. Her monthly amount should be £30 a month and when she was living at home in Manchester it was always around that amount. She moved near London last Nov and since then her bills have tripled, even though once she gets home from work every day she cannot use her phone at all, she cannot receive calls or make them she cannot use facetime to her sister, in fact this mobile phone (which according to a customer adviser 'worked in Manchester fine but thats where she signed her contract and now shes in London then thats a different matter') so people the message here is that if you sign up for a mobile phone(mobile being the word of choice here) make sure that you dont have any travel or indeed change of job plans for the term of that contract because you will be charged for a mobile that is useless, thats if you are with Vodafone anyway! The customer  service is none exiscent. Her bill now stands at £170! remember she has no internet at her flat and 1GB useage! I think my best option is to cancell and then she can get a phone that she can use and I will deal with Vodafone. I have given Vodafone 7days to sort this, but dont hold your breath as this has been going on for 5months

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

What exactly does it show on the bill that the additional charge is for?  I think that would be a good starting point.  If she is having issues, it would be a good idea for her to complete the Network Troubleshooting Guide and post the results back here so that the eForum Team can investigate the issue for her.  There may be a known fault that is affecting the signal in her area.

Another thing to be aware of is if you cancel the contract early, you will be liable for the remainder of the contract in one go.  The Early Termination Fee is the number of months of line rental remaining, without VAT and less a 2% discount.

Is the account in your name or hers? If it is in her name, she will need to be the one to cancel the contract.

PWIAC

dinks2009

I have done everything that Vodafone have suggested, changed the phone and yes the signal has been checked on several occasions and we cannot view her bill because 1. She cannot get on her account because SHE CANNOT USE HER PHONE   2.When she does it is now telling her that she is imputing the wrong security password 3. A manager called Musaf promised to call me back yesterday at 4.15pm to try and reset my daughters secret password, but hey guess what HE DIDNT PHONE!  i REALLY DONT SEE HOW vODAFONE CAN CHARGE A TERMINATION FEE WHEN THEY ARE CRAP! and not providibg the service that my daughter signed up for. I dont know where the charges are from, I think that Vodafone make them up as they go along!

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi there dinks2009

If your daughters SIM has been locked and the phone is asking for a PUK code this can easily be obtained by calling Customer Services, it is an automated service and there is no need to speak to anyone.  If its the SIM which has been locked, your Daughter can get a new SIM for the phone from a Vodafone store.

Having access to the online account will have nothing to do with being unable to use the phone.  The only reason your daughter would be unable to access her online account is if the account has been suspended for an overdue balance or unusual activity on the account.

If you complete the proforma in Network Troubleshoooting Guide, the Tech Team will be able to look into the signal problem.

Is it so hard to understand, the phone is not locked, there is no overdue balance and no unusal activity on the account.............she cannot use her phone, the signal is none exsistent when she is at her flat, so hence she cannot see her account......they do not have internet at the flat, she tries to usere her phone BUT THERE IS NO SIGNAL.....so to clarify she is not locked out of her phone, it just does not work. Also when she does manage to get online for some reason when she puts her secret word in, it is saying that the secret word is wrong, when infact it is right

Hi dinks2009,

Does your daughter have access to a PC/laptop to access her online account as well as her phone? If she is having problems accessing it, I’d suggest she clear her browser cache and cookies and try again. Also, does she see the same error if she tries a different browser?

If she’s unable to get a signal where she is now, can she take a look at our Network Troubleshooting Guide and then post the template along with her results so we can investigate for her.

Thanks,

Andrew