cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

When is sure signal going to be working again?

Rover
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Vodafone technical help (via 191) told me this morning that the system was down due to an outage, yet the forum tech team seem to continue to advise users to do a reset.

Were the telephone team giving out the right info, and if so when will the outage be resolved?

10 REPLIES 10

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rover,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Jenny

Done all this and also phoned 191 who told me it was  a fault. So what next?

bdw
3: Seeker

Frankly I dontbthink they have a clue so they ars giving out duff info

Ralphbuk
Anyone got it back working yet?

Hi everyone,

Please see here, for further information and updates on this.

Thanks,

Sarah 

There have been no further updates and as for information I hardly call that information.

Come on Vodafone - do the right thing and share with us what you know about this issue and exactly what you are doing to fix it. Customers like honesty and will likely feel much better if they had some understanding. I have done my phone calls - posted my traceroutes and pings and no one has done anything with that. Like lots of others this service is crucial to me and my wife. As it stands we are paying nearly £50 per month for no service because we use the phones at home the majority of the time and was the deciding factor to use Vodafone in the first place.

Yesvi tried Vodafone yesterday and got the same runaround, spent half a day tryjng to sort this out of my working time

And all I want to do is change the mobile number but when I log in it won't allow me access to manage my account

Yep, that's me as well.

Can't make any calls or texts. Spent far too long trying to make it work, so now I have resigned myself to checking this forum for any glimpse of success. It's like working but for no pay 🙂