Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

pre- registered sure signal

boyracer46
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,  I am a very happy user of a sure signal 2 at my house but I purchased a used sure signal 1 in February (serial number 212302150770) to use in my workshop (large property) which I cannot register on my account as it is still registered elsewhere. I have emailed the previous owner who now cannot access his vodafone account anymore can any of you techies help me please? The box is connected with 3 lights showing onto a bt homehub 3

13 REPLIES 13

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi boyracer46,

I have taken a look at this for you and can see that the Sure Signal serial number you have provided is currently still being used by the owner of the Sure Signal, therefore they will need to contact us directly to de-register this.

James

I would like to make you all aware that vodafone customer services have just informed me that because I bought the sure signal from their website I am not entitled to a refund. The customer services departmernt also accused me of wasting their time. What a service!!!! We will now be looking to cancel our contract with vodafone immediately.

Hi James, bit confused as the sure signal no 21230215077 is sitting on my desk in front of me and it is deffinately not being used? I have unpluged it though perhaps that is what is causing the confusion? The previos owner sold me this unit last february and I have not used it till about aweek or so ago when I connected it all up to see if it would work - all seems fine  just cannot register it. I have emailed the previous owner who cannot access his vodafone account anymore and said he will try to contact a vodafone shop? I don't want to put his details online obviously. bit6 frustrating as I am perfertly happy with my orher sure signal unit. John

Hi boyracer46,

I have done some investigation and can see that the Sure Signal that you mention is registered to a number that has been cancelled and the connection was you plugging it into the router and switching the unit on.

Due to this I have deregistered the Sure Signal for you, please can you give this one hour and try to register the device again and let me know how you get on.

James

Hi James, Brilliant ! thankyou very much. It now works a treat. I have a ss1 covering my worksop and a ss2 covering the house both working through my homehub 3.. I know it's a finicky piece of kit with complications from everyone pc/hub combination being different but it makes such a difference when your out in the wilds. thanks again 

Hi there James,

I too have a pre-loved Vodafone Sure Signal 2, but unfortunately I have lost contact with the original owner that gave it to mee, so I am unable to ask them to de-register the now unwanted device.  The Serial Number is 40112516338.

Can you de-register the Sure Signal please so I can register it?

Many thanks

Rebecca

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rebecca,

As this is registered to someone else, the original owner will need to contact us directly to request this.

Thanks,

Jenny

Jenny,

Thanks for the response, but I have lost contact with the person that gave it to me.  I believe that they gave it away because they were no longer a Vodafone customer.

Are you able to check and de-register the SureSignal for me please?

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

For security reasons we can only de-register the Sure Signal, if the original owner gets in touch.

Thanks,

Gemma