Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Faulty upgrade

pdemeter08
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. I have had my iPhone 6 on pay monthy for 21 months now. The phone is very damaged. I have no insurance on the phone. Does anybody know whether Vodafone will upgrade/replace it to a new phone for me or do I have to have insurance for them to do that? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

You've not really said what has happened to the device to give us something to work with.

If the phone is damaged, this would not be covered by warranty - damage never is.  It is instead covered by insurance.  Should you not have taken out a seperate policy on the device, you may find it is covered under your household insurance or perhaps through your bank if you have a packaged bank account.

If you don't have insurance and have damaged your phone, it is up to you to buy a new one.  Alternatively, you can buy out any time remaining in your contract to bring your upgrade date forward.  For an exact price, you will need to contact customer services. 

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @pdemeter08

If you have no insurance then your options would be to -

See if you can upgrade early with Vodafone as you intimated. Speak to customer services. 

Look at phones in shops such as CEX as one example  which is a Highstreet store that buys and sells items and phones being one. To see out your current contract. Just ensure its open to all networks or open to Vodafone. Take your SIM card to test it. 

Go into an Apple Store and ask about Repairs or an Out of Warranty option. 

Apple Out-of-warranty. 

iPhone 6 Plus £256.44
iPhone 6  £236.44
iPhone SE £206.44
iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 £55

More info here 

Apple Repair Link.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @pdemeter08

I would suggest calling our team on 191 from a Vodafone mobile or call 0333 304 0191 from any other phone and ask our team about possibly upgrading your handset. This would mean paying off any final bills on your current phone. Alternatively, depending on what the damage is, you can discuss a repair service.

Louise