Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New to vodafone, SIM can't send SMS

emwall25
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I am new to vodafone. I had Verizon in the US, and switched to vodafone when I moved here. I got a new UK number, but kept my phone.

I have an iPhone 12 Pro and inserted my new vodafone SIM into it. I can send and receive iMessages, but not SMS messages. My husband has an android phone (Samsung Galaxy), and when I try to send an SMS message to him, it does not go through to his phone. However, he can text me and I receive his messages. 

I called vodafone support and they suggested we switch SIM cards to see what would happen. When we did, we could both send and receive SMS messages just fine. But when we switched them back, it went right back to my phone not being able to send SMS to him, but he could send them to me.

I ordered a new SIM and inserted it, and it's still doing the same thing. My husband can send me messages, but mine don't send. Sometimes they say not delivered, other times it looks like it delivered, but when he checks his messages, mine aren't there. We don't have each other blocked and our coverage is fine. We can also call each other. It's just SMS that's not working.

Can anyone help? Is this a SIM issue or a phone issue? I've tried just about everything from resetting network settings and restarting my phone. Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It sounds like you have i message activated for your number and this needs to be turned off @emwall25 follow this link from Apple Apple Support 

Please follow the information from Device Guides here: Device Guides 

What happens when I turn it off? Does that mean I cannot send iMessages to other iPhones? @AnnS 

Ajasharma
1: Seeker

I have this exact same issue on the IPhone 15 pro and its isolated to just Vodafone and Voxi sims. Its related to the SMSC number which needs to be changed on IPhones by the network provider. Vodafone's customer support has been quite unhelpful in this case suggesting a change in the APN settings.

I'd probably suggest moving over to EE if youre on an Apple device. There's just too many issues with Vodafone on IPhones including the absence of network, which didn't happen as soon as I put the sim in an Android device.  I've had no issues when I use it on Android though. The SMSC number should be simple enough to change with a network provider update.