Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5 Vodafone U.K. Unlock to Vodafone ireland

Potluck
3: Seeker

Hi, I bought an iPhone5 unknowly locked to Vodafone uk, is there away to unlock it to Vodafone Ireland? Ime is

[Removed]. Any help would be really appreciated

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information. Please see Community Guidelines]

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

You would need to ask the original owner to unlock. 

Or use it on the Vodafone Uk network yourself for 30 days on Payg making calls and texts and using data then request the unlock yourself. 

Or on Vodafone Uk Pay Monthly use the SIM card in it and after x3 payments on time then request the unlock. 

Or or send it to someone you know in the uk and they use it the Payg way and request unlock and then send it back to you. 

Unlocking is free. 

There is No way to circumvent this. 

Apple wouldn't be able to help either I'm afraid. 

Edit > Please edit out the imei number as this is a public forum.  (Flagged )

Vodafone uk and Unlocking.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Potluck
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. So if I buy a uk a sim and use it for 30 days who do I contact to unlock it?

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

You are in the uk right now and can use it for 30 days on Payg minimum. 

Then after 30 days making calls and texts and data use this form. 

Vodafone uk unlocking request form.

Current Phone  >

To add. 

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code but instead is unlocked via Apple and their Database.

Vodafone would email you to confirm it's been requested after accepting your unlock request. 

Apple then can take occasionally approximately up to 30 days to complete an unlock request made by a Network.

Periodically insert an active Non-Vodafone Sim Card in the iPhone and hook up to iTunes.

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Current Phone  >

Potluck
Thanks for the info, do you think it would work to buy a U.K. Sim and make calls,text etc for 30 days in Ireland and then request it to be unlocked?

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

No. :Sad_face:

Needs to have been used on the Uk Vodafone network and use the Vodafone Uk account info to request the unlock. 

Using it for 30 days latches the iPhones imei to the Vodafone account. 

Are you able to ask the original owner to request the unlock with them using their Vodafone Uk Account info assuming they've used it on the network. Ie not an unused upgrade. 

From the link I added earlier. 

"Does the phone need to have been used on Vodafone UK?

Yes, even if you've bought your phone secondhand. For Pay as you go, you'll need to have been using your PAYG SIM in the phone for 30 days. For Pay monthly you'll need to have paid three bills on time.""

Current Phone  >

Potluck
No I can't ask original owner. Thanks for your help . I'll send it to a relative in the U.K. And ask them to do it . Thanks again

BandOfBrothers

Ah ok. 

Please do send it by some form of insured parcel post. 

The person you send it will need to pick up a Payg SIM card and top it up to be able to use the services. 

Info on Vodafone Uk Payg Tariffs. 

Vodafone Payg bundles-and-sims/pay-as-you-go-plans.

Current Phone  >