Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Inconvenient new customer

Simono2
2: Seeker

I have signed up to a new Vodafone contract, this includes free Netflix,spotify,now or sky sports, the link i've been sent doesn't have all these options, only sky sports and spotify, yawn yawn, yes you've heard it all before. I've been to the shop....they can't help, i've 'Spoken' to Peter and Kevin on the live chat, Peter told me there is a dedicated department that deals with this very issue, phew i thought, this will get resolved, this department will ring me today by 5pm (Peter kept assuring me of this), seems that this department are all out shopping on black friday and have accidentally forgotten to ring me. It's ok though, i get hold of Kevin, Kevin hasn't heard of the department that Peter spoke about, perhaps Peter is new ?, perhaps Peter made the department up as it was gone 9pm and the lines close at 9pm ?.

Anyway after a short quiz I get put through to speak to somebody, this new person, who I will call Roger, tells me that every customer who has signed up to  a new contract since 22nd November is unable to get their free Entertainment pack, 'Wow' i said to Roger this must be affecting thousands of customers, how on earth are Vodafone managing to cope with the number of queries ?, then i thought that Roger may be due a meal break and this was a good way of getting rid of me. He tells me that it will all be sorted by noon on Monday 1st December and i should try again then to activate my entertainment pack. I asked why, if this was such a wide spread issue wasnt I told by the shop, why isnt it mentioned on the website ?, perhaps its a secret, only known to me and Roger ?, I feel a little bit privileged now, but really all I want is to sign up to my free Netflix. Can anybody confirm whether there is an international incident that is preventing ALL new customers from getting their entertainment packs or have i just been a silly new customer who failed to understand that free 6 months Netflix means you have to spend the first 6 months trying to find and activate it. Any ideas ?

PS Peter and Kevin are both real people but i have changed Rogers name to protect the innocent as it seems only he and I know the secret re the fake entertainment packs.

4 REPLIES 4

PaulSkinbach
I've been trying for 2 weeks to get my free 6 months of Netflix. Have spoken to many Rogers, Peters and Kevin's on the phone and on live chat. Been into the local shop and still no nearer to getting my free entertainment package.
If what you've been told is true all well and good but why is young Roger the only one that knows about it.
Vodafone get your act together!! If there is a technical problem that's fine.... Just tell us!

Hi @Simono2 and @PaulSkinbach

I’m sorry to hear of the issues you’ve been having recently. We’ll need access to your account to look into this further.

So we can do this, I’ve sent you both a private message here with instructions how to contact us.

Thanks

Michelle

PaulSkinbach
Hi Michelle

After another long live chat I've managed to get sorted now thanks.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@PaulSkinbach 

Thanks for letting us know that this has now been resolved.

If you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to post.

DaveCD