Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

A5 Wifi Calling missing option

mmuggeri
2: Seeker

I am totally frustrated owner of a new Samsung A5 (2017) phone purchased from Vodafone store on Red plan.

It was purchased specifically as I need Wifi Calling due to poor signal strength indoors.

Despite at least 10 calls over 2 weeks to tech support and visits to Store, nobody is able to enable the option on the Phone, and I get conflicting information from almost everyone (including insistance the phone doesnt support though the website clearly states it does).

The Phone app settings menu does NOT have the option to enable it displayed.

Can anyone suggest how to fix it ? 

Latest suggestion was I contact Samsung directly, given this is a device supplied by Vodafone I find this galling at best.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DENISSPRAGUE
Yes, I did get mine working. Thanks

View solution in original position

46 REPLIES 46

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Has customer service definitely activated the feature on your account. 

http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Wi-Fi-Calling/67269365/How-do-I-set-up-Wi-Fi-Calling...

Maybe send the text CALLING to 97888.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes all confirmed multiple times, everyone agrees the account is set up correctly, they also dissabled voicemail because it can appaently interfere too, but nothing triggers a phone update so unable to enable the device.

BandOfBrothers

Ok.

If Vodafone Customer service have confirmed its enabled and the CALLING text isn't helping then please wait for the Vodafone Team here to catch up with your thread as they maybe able to help further.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Same problem.

Confirmation text that wifi calling enabled on account, but there is no option to turn on wifi calling on my new Galaxy A5 (2017)

Anyone any siggestions?

My latest saga

Yesterday vodafone tech support insisted it was a Samsung phone issue and I should call them... he texted me the number... of course they insist it is nothing to do with them its all down to Vodafone and agree I'm just getting run around.

Oh and another person on tech support told me this phone doesn't support WiFi calling and she would let her manager know I was receiving bad info from others, despite fact I pointed her at the text on Vodafone website says it does.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mmuggeri @nkcanoe Were you able to complete the steps on how to turn on Wi-Fi Calling for a Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016 and 2017) as previously posted by @BandOfBrothers

If not, you can find the steps here.

If you continue to experience issues, let us know. 

NO

As stated on 1st message 

1) the Phone App does not exist under the settings/applications menu

1a) you can get to the Phone settings from the pull down in the Phone App itself

2) there is NO option shown in the phone app settings  menu for WiFi calling

Yes the text message has been sent multiple times.

The shop is going to swap the device for a new one tomorrow we will see if that fixes it 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mmuggeri Let us know how you get on. :smileyhappy:

Have you had any success with your new phone?