Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet and MMS settings

tromlui
2: Seeker

Hello, 

I recently updated my Oppo Reno 8 Pro 5g to 12.1, and received the usual message to download settings from vodafone.

It keeps saying download failed. I texted WEB to 40127, but each time it fails to download the settings. I've tried using just WiFi with data turned off, vice versa and with both on.

Any advice? Thanks 😊

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Vodafone always send a automated configuration text after completing an update @tromlui , the APN settings wouldn't have changed and you can safely ignore the message and continue to use the same settings.

Texting WEB to 40127 would have updated your SIM on the network, the settings will already be installed on the phone, to check this go to your connection settings, mobile networks, access point names.

Excellent, thanks!

tromlui

Now I've a follow up question...

Can I stop the message coming in? I'm getting one every hour or two so now it's just annoying!

Thanks 😊

AnnS

This can happen when the message has reported back undelivered.  Texting WEB to 40127 should have stopped repeated attempts to deliver the message.

Try rebooting the phone and texting WEB to 40127 again making sure you have mobile data turned on.  If you still have problems get in touch with the Social Team and they will help here: Contact Us