Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Login Error at London Underground Wifi network provided by Virgin Media

vikasvirgo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi there,

I have taken new contract recently SIM only RED XL package and tried to login to TFL’s London Underground Wifi network provided by Virgin Media.

After I give my credential after clicking on Vodafone icon on Virgin Media landing page, I get following error message.

“As Pre Pay Customer you need to activate your data bundle, please call 191.” please refer attached screenshot.

Can you please fix it!!!!

Regards,

Vikas

14 REPLIES 14

seoulsaints
4: Newbie
If you're on iPhone iOS the is seemingly no solution for this. If you're on android you can reconfigure the network to sim. Here's my experiences with trying to get an answer to a resolution to the iOS problem:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-services/London-Underground-WiFi-Pay-Monthly-iPhone-not-...

Hope you have more luck going round and round in a loop of non-existent customer services.

I believe all new contract are created on vodafone's new billing system, whenever I call on 191 the automated system dosen't recognize my number (Pay monthly RED XL plan) and ask me to enter valid Pay monthly no !!!

are you also having same issue? I'm also new to Vodafone, taken new contract 1 week back.

I believe this new billing system is causing issues....similary I'm also not able to subscribe to Entertainment pack.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vikasvirgo

Please see our information on how to access our public Wi-Fi services.

You'll also need to ensure you're connecting to the Vodafone landing page.

If you're still having difficulties, contact our Live help team so we can check it's enabled on your account.

DaveCD

I followed that process and then posted this issue...have you checked my screenshot of error message?(if not I attached it again with this message ) I believe I'm on Vodafone login page, can you please raise this issue with your higher tech team, its not only me having this issue...there are many vodafone customers facing this issue from past 20 days!!!!

That link doesn't work - can you tell me what you did? i have the same issue.

I am on iOS and when I try to log in to Virgin Media Wifi it says 'as a pre pay customer you need to activate your data bundle', however I am on a postpay contract for two years. I have escalated the issue and it's still going on for 3 months now.

Hi there, what was the steps to reconfigure the sim? I am getting the same error message and I am a pay monthly customer on android. Thanks!

Hi @stephwong4

Have you spoke with our Live Chat Team? 

Thanks, 

Sarah

saadmoreea
4: Newbie

Hi there, I've been having this issue since I joined Vodafone over 1 month ago. The customer service has been so poor I and wsh I never joined. So many complaints about various things,not getting anywhere, and so much time wasted.

The London underground wifi issue is really (edited in accordance with House Rulesthough I get the same issue as yourself. Only once they managed to rectify the issue and it worked for one day.

Basically they issued me a temporary user name and password and when I tried it the next day on tfl it worked fined but when I changed my username and password to something I wanted and tried it the following day but stopped working.

Now i keep emailing the tech team but they just ignore me.

Can'take belive how poor the staff are at Vodafone. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Done get me deterred of guys who are based in EGYPT, OMG!