Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

increased charge

bramor
1: Seeker

Why have I just received an email telling me that I have had an additional 1gb of data added to my phone and will be charged £6 per month going forward and I have to opt out...... where does this kind of assumptive selling fit into a culture of treatiing customers fairly........ a truely shocking practise.

If anyone from Vodaphone is reading this can you please call me to discuss.

4 REPLIES 4

bramor
1: Seeker

Justed added copy of mail for added info.....

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @bramor

I agree nothing should be activated on a persons account unless it's been requested or added by the account holder. 

Vodafone won't be able to call you from your post here as your login here is different and not attached to your Vodafone account. 

However Vodafone Staff read all posts here and engage where required. Please be patient while they get through previous posts to yours. 

I assume in the meantime you've opted out. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

That is a strange, usually the extra GB add on's are offered via text message when you're coming towards the end of your allowance and allows you to send a reply to a short code.

I'd give customer care a call and tell them to remove it. 

But also get them to check how it was opted into.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@bramor

This service is usually added on via text message as an extra. So we can look into this for you, please come and speak to us on Live Chat.