Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: PPPoE username & password

Bunn
4: Newbie

Apparently there is an approved list of 3rd party devices. If your equipment is not on the list you will not get the PPPoE details. They are emailing me the list as the Billion Bipac 8800AXL  I had is not Openreach approved.

25 REPLIES 25

Bunn
4: Newbie

Here is the Openreach approved list of devices I was emailed today very helpfully by VF. Anyone got any  recommendations/knowledge of the best one to use. I have Broadcom chipset I believe.

I did have a Billion Bipac 8800AXL before when with Sky but I have sold it now and it wasnt VF approved anyway.

Nabs
17: Community Champion

@Bunn who was it that sent you that? Which address did it come from?

I've been trying to get hold of that list and been hitting brick walls!:smileymad:

Hi Nabs

It was on chat from Yasmin who told me the router i purchased was not Openreach approved. Then sent me the list

Nabs

Cheers @Bunn

I would try again but now i've got the list i'd just be wasting my time! haha

Hey Nabs. Glad to be of help. Just note that the first couple of routers on the list I priced were over £1k and £3k. Totally stupid money!

Nabs

Ouch! Business ones I assume, they're the only people who would pay that sort of money for a router! haha

I guess so but there are otbers on the list around £300 which is still exorbitant but more affordable. Not had chance to check out others mentioned and see if I can find one for around £100. Got to get rid of the VF one as it won't hold a connection for more than half a  hour max. 

Just tell them you have one of the ones from the list, even if you have something else.. they're hardly going to make you verify that, or be able to detect that you aren't using one of the "approved" ones, whatever that means.

And also worth noting, if they want to have a debate with you, that the HHG2500 (the supplied Vodafone Connect modem / router / AP) isn't on the list and thus presumably shouldn't be connected to the Openreach network itself? :smileyvery-happy: