Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

APN Setting on the Gigacube (5G)

ina_eriksson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After numerous attempts to get some help with my intermittent connection and very slow speeds from my Gigacube - and begging for them no to send another Gigacube, but rather help me go over the settings and check for work in the area, I was finally told my APN setting needed to be manually set and that there were in fact some maintenance works to a mast nearby. Those works were not showing when looking up the network connectivity using the online Vodafone Coverage Check. 

After the APN setting had been changed I had much more stable internet and speeds of around 80Mbps/40Mbps. UNTIL yesterday, when I returned home after a walk to find that my Gigacube had reset itself back to factory settings and I had no internet again.... I had to change the network name and password again in order for all my home devices to connect. However, the factory settings are just not working at all. I cannot remember what the APN setting was that they gave me. Does anyone have these???

1 REPLY 1

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ina_eriksson, I believe these are the settings you're looking for 👇

• Name: Vodafone Internet
  • APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
  • Username: wap
  • Password: wap
  • MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
  • MMS Proxy: 212.183.137.12
  • MMS Port: 8799
  • Authentication type: PAP

If not, or you have any further queries regarding these, pop us another message here or through one of our social channels and we'll take a closer look 👀