Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I sue Vodafone

AEna
2: Seeker

In May 2023 I bought a mobile hotspot from Vodafone and returned the device and cancelled the monthly plan  within the 14-day cooling period  - it wasn't stable enough for my needs.

I've made hours of calls to Vodafone who have failed to refund for the device which was returned within their requested period and the monthly plan amount whichshould never have been taken out of my account in the first instance, since the agent I spoke to said he'd cancelled the monthly debit.  I've spoken to over 10 agents who have apologised assured me it was all sorted and spent hours on the phone trying to get a refund and here we are going into August and still they have not made the refund.

I've spent hours of stress, lost valuable work hours with no end in sight. Ridiculous!

So this behaviour currently stands as malpractice and I'd like to know how anyone has gone about suing Vodafone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

...and had email from someone Sarah at Customer care who said they might be able to effect the 'goodwill' sum within 15 working days - in effect a month - a month can you believe? Most honest companies manage this within 2-5 working days. 

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Andy

Hi @AEna 👋 I sincerely apologise for the experience you've had after returning your device, so we can investigate this fully and understand what's happened, could you please contact us via the details in the link, we can then look at getting this resolved as quickly as possible for you.  

So finally had my refund  - and had Vodafone customer service rep call me to apologise for all the grief/aggravation over the extended period of time. Offered me a goodwill sum to go into my account. And of course that hadn't happened. Turns out they have no goodwill after all. 

Why we should expect goodwill when they can't even do the basics!!!

...and had email from someone Sarah at Customer care who said they might be able to effect the 'goodwill' sum within 15 working days - in effect a month - a month can you believe? Most honest companies manage this within 2-5 working days. 

So the email below was sent to me from customer care on August 15th and nothing in given. So it looks as though I was right to seek court resolution. 

Dear Ms Enahoro,

Following your recent email, we've sent off for a bacs payment to be done, please be aware this can take up to 15 working days to process.

Prefer to speak to us? You can get in touch with us between the hours of 8am and 10pm Monday to Friday and 8am and 8pm Saturday and Sunday by calling 08080 045 200 or +441635 693354 if you're not in the UK (standard call charges apply). Vodafone Business customer? You can contact us between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am and 4pm on Saturday. 

A member of our team will connect you to your dedicated case handler, provide you with an update or arrange a call back at a time that works for you. Just to note, so that we can get you to the right team when you call, you'll need to enter your unique reference number 190342.

Yours sincerely,

Sarah
Customer Care
Vodafone Limited

A quick request: if you reply to this email, please don't edit the subject line - it helps us identify your complaint.

Vodafone Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for consumer credit lending and insurance distribution activity (Financial Services Register No. 712210) Registered in England and Wales. Company Number 01471587. Registered Office: Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN. Mobile Device Insurance, Vodafone Business Insurance and Vodafone Corporate Insurance are underwritten by Assurant General Insurance Limited which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 202735) Registered in England and Wales. Company Number 02341082.
Registered Office: Emerald Buildings, Westmere Drive, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 6UN. Mobile Device Insurance, Vodafone Business Insurance and Vodafone Corporate Insurance are administered by Lifestyle Services Group Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register No. 315245) Registered in England and Wales. Company Number 05114385. Registered Office: Emerald Buildings, Westmere Drive, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 6UN.

And so it continues: This is the latest email from Sarah

Vodafone

Sat, 9 Sept, 16:30 (3 days ago)

to me

Our reference: 41190342

Dear Ms Enahoro,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Were really sorry for the delay on your BACS payment, please be assured we are investigating this and you will be updated. 

Prefer to speak to us? You can get in touch with us between the hours of 8am and 10pm Monday to Friday and 8am and 8pm Saturday and Sunday by calling 08080 045 200 or +441635 693354 if you're not in the UK (standard call charges apply). Vodafone Business customer? You can contact us between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am and 4pm on Saturday. 

A member of our team will connect you to your dedicated case handler, provide you with an update or arrange a call back at a time that works for you. Just to note, so that we can get you to the right team when you call, you'll need to enter your unique reference number 190342.

Yours sincerely,

Sarah
Customer Care
Vodafone Limited

AEna

Clearly Vodafone have no intention of solving this.

This constitutes malpractice - this was offered as compensation for distress and inconvenience and no doubt to forestall a court case - so I'll let you know about the details

Our reference: 41190342

Dear Ms Enahoro,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Were really sorry for the delay on your BACS payment. We've sent off another BACS to be done were really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Prefer to speak to us? You can get in touch with us between the hours of 8am and 10pm Monday to Friday and 8am and 8pm Saturday and Sunday by calling 08080 045 200 or +441635 693354 if you're not in the UK (standard call charges apply). Vodafone Business customer? You can contact us between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am and 4pm on Saturday. 

Yours sincerely,

Sarah
Customer Care
Vodafone Limited