Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

"Vodafone Connect and Media server issues

tonymackie
3: Seeker

Hi 

I have recently connected to Vodafone broadband and I am using the Vodafone Connect router. So far I am impressed with the speed and quality of the router, but I cannot see my media server on my Xbox 360 any more. The NAS I am using is the Seagate Goflex Home. I have not had any problems with previous routers and I am sure I am missing the obvious in the set up. Any help would be gratefully recieved. Thanks in advance.

80 REPLIES 80

The answer from VF customers is simple ... VF Product Development need to source a fix, if other broadband service providers support this functionality on products (i.e. BT Homehub 4) who's technology is now deemed to be 'older generation' then current VF products not supporting it is a design failure, not a fault or a technical issues! ... come on VF, bite the bullet, admit it's a failing of your product and simply fix it!!

any update on this please? Would like to be able to use Plex to view my media.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all.

Please keep an eye on our statement for any further updates.

Natasha, either your link doesn't work, or its dead, or removed..

The topic you are trying to access is not available.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@WillVXR

I've just checked the statement link using Google Chrome and it's working perfectly. 

Please clear your cache and cookies, then possible try another browser. 

coopermarsh
4: Newbie

Same issue with synology NAS for plex and DLNA.

LG tv, apple TV or now tv cannot connect to the Synology on cable going therough the vodafone connect router.

I have disabled twonky and disk sharing restarted the router even disabled the firewall.

still no joy. This needs fixing.

Just seen the statement also. I await this fix .

tonymackie
Hi, it is now February, can you let us know when the fix will be applied to our routers. I am getting increasingly frustrated that I can't use the full functionality of my home network. Thanks

PapaG

Interested to hear that the streaming from media servers across the VF Broadband router to a smart TV is a known issue, I migrated to VF Broadband in Feb16 and discovered the issue almost immediately during the setup of my home network. In additional Apple AirPlay from iPad to AV Receiver and TV Remote apps don't connect/function and any mobile devices that previously could throw any content onto the TV, don't work through this router ... I've had 'several' conversations with VF Cust Services and 2nd line tech support even declined to speak to me, even though previously they acknowledged that they knew about this issue and they were supposedly developing a firmware revision to fix it, due in Feb16. After a month of ineffective conversations, the only offer from VF was you can terminate your contract without charge, no thanks I said, I want VF to take some responsibility and fix what should be a standard feature on what they describe as 'latest technology' .... and when they've sorted that maybe they can look at the app, as to say it's 'buggy and ineffective' is being quite generous :Smiling: 

UPDATE 16th MAR16

Other threads on this issue have offered a solution which is to disconnect the NAS from the VF Router and connect it to a Ethernet switch (... if you have one!!) Fortunately I have all my media devices (TV, AV Receiver, etc) connected to a single 8 port switch locally and hard wired back to the router, so I plugged the NAS in and guess what .... it worked!! BUT still not able to stream wirelessly from mobile devices to TV or AV Receiver, so in my mind it confirms without doubt the issue is definatley with DLNA streaming via the VF router. The Ethernet switch is just a convenient workaround for the NAS issue, not a permanent solution to the whole problem!!

Don't fiddle with your router settings, it won't solve the overall problem, this one is for VF to sort it and upgrade the current firmware ... question is, will your patience run out or will VF get it fixed first, GAME ON!!

Exact same issue, just glad that after hours of fiddling and re-installing I've discovered it isn't me.  I too only just joined Vodafone and sadly can't use serviio or plex to stream to my TV or amp via hard wired connection.

Hi. Just switched over to VF today and trying to use my synology is failing miserably. Please could the mods provide an update on this issue?