Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Faulty J3 on upgrade

powelld66
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I upgraded my phone to a J3 as this was the only choice of handset there was on the price plan and it's useless. I intend to return it ##~## screen goes blank at the top and with 30 day period. Any chance Vodafone will let me have an older S amsung S6 maybe or iPhone 5s  instead. Don't mind if it's reconditioned but so disappointed with lack of choice of handsets on cheaper plans. Can anyone help or advise please.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Once the phone has been returned and your account reset to Pre upgrade status you could speak to the Vodafone Retentions Department  by dialing 191 and choosing the Thinking of Leaving option and see what they can offer in the way of phone models and tariffs. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @powelld66

The only way you are going to get this sorted is to contact Vodafone through the upgrade channels, make a return and have your upgrade cancelled.  Customer Service will be able to advise on the procedure.

As soon as this has been done, you will be in a position to negotiate a fresh upgrade with a phone.

The other alternative is to buy a cheap phone and go SIM free and this will save you money.  If you look at the PAYG phone which can be used on a SIM only contract, you can purchase a phone at the very reasonable price.