Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

extremely poor customer service

Hak69
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Here is a copy of the email I sent to the directorsupprt address yesterday, and surprise surprise they claim they didn't receive it.  I'm posting on here in the hope that someone at Vodafone will deal with my complaints -

Dear Sir / Madam

I am writing to you to complain about the appalling service I have received since upgrading my contract with Vodafone (VF), I will list below the timeline of events and I have no doubt that you will agree that I have been provided with poor service time and time again.

Sept 22 - Order 128gb Jet Black iPhone 7+ over the phone and I am informed that it will take 6-8 weeks to arrive, when told I will need to pay £150 for the phone, I ask if this can be delayed until I get the phone as I didn’t see why I should pay for something I might not receive for 8 weeks, the salesperson went and asked his manager if I could pay the £150 when I receive the phone and I was informed that this wouldn’t be a problem.

Sept 23 - Called to ask if I could swap my phone from Jet Black to Matte Black as I am concerned over reports that the phone easily scratches, I am informed that this wouldn't be a problem.

Oct 13 - Receive an email from VF to say my monthly bill is ready, when I check, the amount due is £204, call VF to ask why my bill is so high and am informed that I will receive my phone in the next 3-4 days, I also notice that my order is still down as Jet Black, when I queried this I was informed that I was misinformed about swapping colours and that I would need to cancel the original order and place a new one, forcing me to the back of the queue and potentially having to wait another 8 weeks.

Oct 15/16 - Phone doesn’t arrive, check online and see that my delivery date is down as between 16th - 30th Nov.

Oct 16 - Call VF to see where my phone is and I am informed that I was misinformed and my phone is due between the 16th - 30th Nov, and that stock levels are down to Apple. I also ask if my Spotify account will continue, as my original contract is due to run out and I had received an email from VF that my Spotify account will go back to the free type from Premium one I have through VF, I am informed that this won’t happen and just to continue using Spotify as normal.

Oct 19 - Spotify switches to the Free account type, call VF and I am advised that there is nothing they can do as I don’t have a new entertainment package set up yet, I am not happy and ask to speak to the VF technical support team and after much arguing they reluctantly give me a temporary premium Spotify account.

Nov 9 - After checking the VF forum online, I see that customers who have ordered the same phone as me, on a later date, have already received there phone and have even received compensation for the amount of time that have had to wait ( money and / or reduction in their monthly bills). I call VF to ask where my phone is and am informed that my phone will be with me on Monday 14th Nov and that I will get my £150 deposit back due to the amount of time I have had to wait.

Nov 10 - Check via VF live that my phone will be with me on the 14th, and have it confirmed that it will be.

Nov 11 & 12 - Further checks that my phone will be delivered on Monday 14th Nov and have it confirmed that this is the case. I then contact work to book a days holiday as I had waited so long for my phone and didn’t want any more delays, work reluctantly let me have the day off.

Nov 13 - Check via VF online and my delivery date is still down as 16th - 30th Nov, I check via VF live who confirm these dates, I ask to speak to the complaints department and I am informed that VF don’t have one. I check the VF website and get the complaints team number and call them, I am advised that all the VF live records are missing apart from the one which states that my delivery date is between the 16th - 30th Nov, I informed the adviser that I had got the transcripts of all my VF live chats ( I had them emailed to me from VF) and that I would email them over as proof of what I had been informed and he said that VF can't receive emails and that I would have to go into a VF store to show a salesperson there. I said I couldn’t believe a telecommunications company couldn’t receive emails and that I wasn’t happy with the advice he was giving me and I would like to speak to a manager ( which is what it says to do on the VF complaints page online), I am them informed that there isn’t a manger and that the advisor is the highest person I can go to. He then advised my that I could receive £10 for the Misinformation I had received ( once I had proved my version of events). I again stated my disgust at the service I am receiving from VF.

Nov 15 - Check via VF live to see when I will be notified about my upgrade delivery and am advised that I will hear from VF within 24 hrs.

Nov 16 - Spotify account switches back to the Free type, contact VF via VF live and I am informed that I need to activate my subscription through my entertainment package, I ask when my phone is due for delivery as I don’t want to activate Spotify and then potentially have to wait another 4 weeks for my phone. The conversation went dead???

Called the complaints team who advise me that I should wait until I receive my phone before activating Spotify, he also informed me I should make sure that the phone is okay before complaining and that I should keep escalating my complaint until I am happy.

Nov 17 - Phone arrives

Nov 18 - Call complaints team to to register my various complaints and the advisor tried to fob me off with excuses that the problem was down to Apple, when I informed him that Apple hadn’t advised me that my phone would be delivered on 3 different occasions he then tried to blame DPD ( delivery couriers) and that they should have emailed me. I informed him that DPD did email on the morning of my delivery ( as they are supposed to do) and he again try to blame Apple. I said I wasn’t happy with the service I had / am receiving and he offered me £10. I said that wasn’t good enough and that I wanted to escalate the issues, and after again trying to make excuses he said I would hear from VF on Tuesday 22nd Nov.

Nov 19 - Visit my local VF store to show the salesperson my VF live transcripts who states he has logged them to my VF account.

22 Nov - 6pm Heard nothing from VF so called the complaints team, I am again offered £10 and I again said that this isn’t good enough for the level of poor service, time and inconvenience I have endured and the advisor then reluctantly gives me the number for the VF resolutions team / complaints team. I contact the resolutions team who state that they can’t do anything until I have put all my complaints down in writing, via email to VF Director support, so they can investigate the numerous issues I have.

I have all transcripts of the VF live chats I’ve had and every time I call VF it clearly states that calls are recorded for training purposes, so you can easily confirm that I am providing you with a true and accurate account.

The level of service I have received from VF is appalling, I have been constantly lied to, misinformed, fobbed off with excuse after excuse, VF advisers just want to get you off the line and tell you what you want to hear, I have wasted my own time and even wasted a days holiday on the strength of what I was advised by VF. I was informed that my upgrade would be here within 6 - 8 weeks, on 3 occasions VF informed me that I would receive the phone before this date and 3 times this didn’t materialise. After being informed that I would receive my £150 deposit back I am offered £10, I wasted a days holiday ( I am paid £160 a day ) and am offered £10 and that there's nothing else that VF can do.I have ended up with a phone in the colour I didn’t want but after the way I have been treated I’ve decided to stick with as I can’t face going through all this rigmarole again. I have been a loyal customer of VF’s for many years and I can not believe how I have been treated.

I expect that these complaints will be properly investigated and that you will compensate me accordingly

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist with your investigation

Yours

Paul Hackett

3 REPLIES 3

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Hak69 I'm disappointed to see the list of issues that you've faced. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch, so that we can help further.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

You are not alone.

I've had four contract phone accounts for over a decade and a fibre broadband for eight months. Fibre was the joke. £22 per month no line rental but landline call charges per minute really exhorbitant! Then eight months in a letter increasing the charges to £25. I dumped it and went to Plusnet. Much better deal.

In October 2017 once all contracts have expired I am responding to Vodafones useless customer service by taking my business elsewhere. 

It's not worth arguing or stressing over no doubt lowly paid operators who understandably don't give a damn about your phone accounts or problems you may be having with them.

My advice is, allow contract/s to expire and just bail out. No one really cares and we're the fools for showing loyalty.

Sim only deals will hopefully end up being the demise of Vodafones grip on contracted customers. Sim only is cheaper and not contracted beyond the month. Giff Gaff are currently supplying the juice for my tablet. Sorry Vodafone but you've lost a good customer...sorry cash cow.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ptf030160 I'm sorry to hear you've not had a great experience with us.

Please do let us know if there's anything you need a hand with - we'll be happy to help. :smileyhappy: