Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking device Im not from UK

Palawan05
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello 👋

I have iphone 6, locked from vodafone, i bought this from facebook here in philippines.. But its locked in vodafone, how can I unlocked it? 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Palawan05 

Edit.

First question would  be is your iPhone locked to Vodafone Uk ?

This is the forum for UK customers.

Even tho different countries use the Vodafone brandname they are not linked.

So if the iPhone is locked to Vodafone Uk then Vodafone Uk won't be able to unlock that iPhone for you as you would have to be in the UK and using the iPhone with a Vodafone Uk Sim card in it by making calls etc while in the Uk.

The option of getting hold of a UK sim card and then use that where you live wouldn't work either as you need to be in the UK and not roaming.

So as I see this Your options are.....

1. Ask the original owner to request it's unlock.

2. Send the iPhone to someone you know in the Uk and they unlock it and then send it back to you.

3. Use a local shop that advertises they unlock iPhone's.

4. Use a reputable online unlocking site.

I hope that helps.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Palawan05 

You mention you purchased this phone through the Facebook advertistments in the Phillipines. There are a lot of stolen phones from the UK being sold in the Phillipines.  Just hope you have not been sold a UK stolen phone through Facebook and you have someone's stolen property.  Before being sold, the phone would have been factory reset and until you tried to use a Vodafone UK SIM it would be difficult to know if the phone was stolen. Having mentioned that stolen UK phones tend to work perfectly in the Philippines but have no service in the UK.

If the original owner was from the UK and this was a legitimate purchase, unless you are in a position to be in the UK to use the phone on the local network for 30 days, you will never get the phone officially unlocked.  There should be some unlocking services in the Phillipines but this will come as a chargeable service.