Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 1 not working after changing broadband provider and IP address

BKGW
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can anyone help please?

We changed broadband provider and as a consequence our IP address has changed.  Since then light one is on but nothing happens.  The server can see the unit and occasionally the 4th box with a tick flashes. 

Called Vodafone helpline to be told initially that the registration is being rejected.  They took details and advised that they would resynchronise and that the unit would be operative within 15 minutes.  I am still no further forward having waited 4 hours.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received

John

10 REPLIES 10

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

Which ISP did you change to?

If BT and using a Home Hub, you may be in for quite a bit of troubleshooting with the tech guys. Maybe the same for Sky.

What router are you now using?

We changed to VoiceHost Ltd.  Nothing has changed the router is as before a netgear DGN2200v3.  The only change is the IP address all other settings remain unaltered.  We have rebooted the system the server the router everything.  We have de registered and re registered the Sure SIgnal device and still only one red light

grolschuk

The forum team will need to look at this behind the scenes for you then, and will probably need your public IP address to check that it is registered in the UK address pool, and is on their white list.

They are currently taking 24-48 hours to get to new questions, but will be in touch once they get here.

Elsewhere on the forums there are some basic troubleshooting questions for the suresignal, such as tracert outputs, and line speed tests.

If you can find the questions (try the stickys at the top of the page) and post the results in this thread, it will give them something to look at straight away rather than get in touch, and take another couple of days to request and read the info.

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Thanks Matt

I have followed all the Troubleshooting tips but no success.  

Not sure how to copy results into this format?

The Speed test shows 6.86 Mb/s download 0.946 Mb/s upload

Ping results ~ Line Quality B* Ping 33ms Jitter 26ms

Ip address is 185.34.83.29 and the sure signal serial number 21197241868

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi BKGW,

Your IP address isn't on our Whitelist. As such, I've requested for it to be added.

As soon as I've had confirmation, I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Matt B

Many thanks

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi BKGW,

I'm still awaiting confirmation of this.

As soon as I hear, I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Matt B

Thanks for what ever has been done as the Sure Signal is now operational again