Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Suresignal v3 overheated and now has no lights

cknatt
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My Vodafone Suresignal v3 had been running very hot for several days and has now died completely. It has no lights at all when plugged in. The unit is about three years old and is the type that plugs straight into a power socket.

From all the pages and pages of posts on other threads I see that this is a known issue.

I understand that my unit is out of warranty but please can someone advise me whether I can get a replacement for it given the well documented issues with this type of Suresignal.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @cknatt, so we can help with this I've sent you a private message.

Please follow the details provided and a member of our team will be in touch to help as soon as possible.

So finally someone from the Social Media team has got in touch. He tells me that I have to call 191 or speak to someone on Livechat as I have a Business Account.

Basically I'm being told I now need to go to a store. I don't have time to spend hours on Forums and Livechat and then have to spend more of my day in your shops. I have a very simple question; If this is a known issue happening to many, many owners of the SureSignal device, can I get a replacement?

Here is the text of my Livechat:

Info
 at 19:49, Jul 23:
Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly.
Info at 19:49, Jul 23:
You're now chatting with Jitin. 
Jitin at 19:49, Jul 23: Hi Chris.
Chris at 19:50, Jul 23: Hi. I have posted a query on the Vodafone Community but I'm told someone on Livechat has to help me
Jitin at 19:52, Jul 23: May I know what is the issue? 
Chris at 19:53, Jul 23: I've just sent a link to the query
Chris at 19:53, Jul 23: My SureSignal device has overheated and now stopped working
Chris at 19:54, Jul 23: I want to know if I can get a replacement as this is known issue
Jitin at 19:54, Jul 23: Let me discuss your case with my manager and check this for you.
Chris at 19:55, Jul 23: OK
Jitin at 19:56, Jul 23: May I know if it is under warranty?
Chris at 19:58, Jul 23: No but its only about three years old. I don't expect this sort of item to fail like this after sucha short time. And there are pages and pages of posts on the Forum from people with similar issues
Jitin at 20:01, Jul 23: Thanks for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Jitin at 20:03, Jul 23: In that case, the best option would be to visit the store and they will check the device. They will be able to fix it for you.
Chris at 20:04, Jul 23: I don't think they will
Chris at 20:04, Jul 23: It's completely broken and it has no lights on at all when you plug it in
Chris at 20:04, Jul 23: It's burnt out
Chris at 20:06, Jul 23: This issue is well known and there are other people on the forum who are getting there's replaced
Chris at 20:06, Jul 23: Why can't I get a replacement?
Jitin at 20:08, Jul 23: Chris, they need to check the if there any manufacturing defect and if there is they will help you with the replacement after checking the device.
I did not said you cannot get replacement and I cannot check the device on the chat that is the reason you need to visit the store . I hope that makes sense
Chris at 20:10, Jul 23: I've already spent hours on chats, and posting on the Forum and now I need to spend more hours going to a shop?
Jitin at 20:11, Jul 23: Yes
Chris at 20:12, Jul 23: Vodafone know these devices have a manufacturing problem so why do I have to spend all of my time sorting this out. You should be recalling them and replacing them
Jitin at 20:12, Jul 23: You must visit the store with your device
Chris at 20:14, Jul 23: I'm not satisfied with this response
Jitin at 20:14, Jul 23:
The warranty period is 1 Year and you have this device for 3 years but still we are trying to help you. I am sorry to know that you do not appreciate the help.
Jitin at 20:14, Jul 23: We must check the device to get this sorted and on forum or on chat we cannot check the device, can we?
Jitin at 20:15, Jul 23: Are you understanding why I am asking you to visit the store?
Chris at 20:15, Jul 23: Have you ever been to a Vodafone store and asked for help?
Chris at 20:15, Jul 23: It takes hours!!!
Chris at 20:18, Jul 23: I'm telling the device is faulty. Vodafone know that hundreds of other people have also had the same problem. But you don't want to do anything about this to help the customer?
Jitin at 20:20, Jul 23: I have already provided the resolution but you want the replacement without visiting the store which cannot be possible without checking the device, I hope you understand that.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cknatt - I’m sorry to hear how long it’s taking to get this resolved.

I’ve tried to call you and left a voicemail. I’ll be in touch again before the end of today.

cliff_g
9: Established
cknatt,  Yes, you can get a replacement. It is NOT a warranty issue.  It has nothing to do with whether you have a business or other account.  Check the thread "Suresignal V3 - Overheated, Blew Up, Exploded, Hot, Burnt out & Dead with no Lights".  Report to Watchdog etc as given there.  And insist from whatever VF contact you manage to make from this thread (Gemma /whoever might call instead) that you expect an urgent replacement for what is a known problem with a dangerous item.

Cliff_g

Happy migrant to Three Mobile

May 2021 UPDATED SureSignal information including SureSignal Switch-Off and WiFi calling options

Cliff,

Thanks for your advice.

I have just spent another 25 minutes on the phone to various advisors only to be told that I can't get a replacement!!!

The reason I'm being given now is that the device didn't explode. According to the adviser, overheating until it was too hot to touch and then failing is a completely different symptom to actually exploding. She tells me their policy is only to replace boxes that have actually exploded and have charred and burnt plastic on them. As I didn't wait for mine to completely explode/ burn then apparently that's not their fault.

I have never heard such nonsense in all my life! Clearly it's the same issue as everyone else's failed boxes - just another example of Vodafone trying to get out of their responsibilities.

If there is anyone from Vodafone reading this who is actually interested in the customer perhaps you could respond.

@cknatt

I think most people have had the run-around from any Vodafone source other than the team here.  What you were told is total rubbish.  It is the same failure.

Persevere - pop aother message up here - but in the other thread.  They will send you a private message with a link to a web portal on which you can enter your details and they will arrange for another.

The CEO e-mail route should also be followed, etc, as per @gsmsecure's postings

Vodafone?

Cliff_g

May 2021 UPDATED SureSignal information including SureSignal Switch-Off and WiFi calling options

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@cliff_g @cknatt I've responded to your posts here.

So yesterday I finally gave up after hours and hours spent being told inconsistent, useless rubbish by a whole range of different Vodafone staff - I accepted an offer of a replacement SureSignal box at 50% of RRP. 

I reckon they should be replacing items that are known to fail in such a dangerous way regardless of when the issue occurs. They claim they are doing me a great favour offering such a discount when I'm not really entitled to anything.

The many pointless, idiotic pieces of advice I've been given by the Live Chat, Social Media team and Technical team have included:

"You need to take it to a shop where they will fix it" - Anyone who's ever been to a Vodafone store knows this is never going to happen!

"The Technical Team need to run their standard diagnostics on it" - If it's completely failed and has no lights on it there's not going to be anything to diagnose is there!

"We tried to call you on your mobile number but couldn't get through" -  No, that's because I have no signal due a failed Suresignal box

"Overheating and then failing is a completely different fault to exploding. You can't have a replacement as it didn't explode." - If only I was lucky enough to have an explosion!!!

And so it went on for weeks and weeks....

All this nonsense can only be designed to deliberately wear people down and finally get them to give up and accept defeat, even though Vodafone clearly have a responsibility to their customers that they are trying to dodge.

I'm grateful to other posters on this forum who have tried to help me by suggestting I contact Trading Standards, BBC Watchdog, email the CEO etc but frankly I don't have the time to spend nor should anyone need to. 

Vodafone; the way you have dealt with my issue over the last three weeks is appalling - you should be ashamed of your inept processes, your poorly trained staff and your pathetic pretence at what you laughingly call customer service

@cknatt  Sorry you didn't get the right response.

Have a look at this

Cliff_g