Ask

Solution

"Sorry – there seems to be a problem message" when registering device

dudleybloke
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I get this message when registering my device. Tried several times:

Sorry – there seems to be a problem.

Something went wrong, sorry. Our techs are working hard to get it sorted - so please pop back later. - [2j2]

Are there network issues previenting registering new devices today?

The unit is the latest model and has been successfullly de-registered previously (it worked fine before de-registering).

Thanks.

26 REPLIES 26

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Sorry to hear your having issues with your sure signal. 

It should work through the Dashboard.

Perhaps Live Chat maybe able to help you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have the same problem. Slightly different error code though.

Error 2c1 for me.

Trying to register a brand new Sure Signal purchased from a store about two hours ago.

Same here, trying to register a new sure signal.

Sorry – there seems to be a problem.

Something went wrong, sorry. Our techs are working hard to get it sorted - so please pop back later. - [2k1]

I spoke to Live Chat, who phoned me on my home phone (no signal on my mobile - hence the need for SS). They then said they were putting me through to the sure signal team. After 20 minutes a voice said "sorry this route is now closed" and I was cut off. The voice said it was open until 9pm, but I was cut off at 8:40pm.

Looking at some other threads, there have been plenty of other people unable to register or add users to their sure signal. It looks like it's been happening for a while. Is this issue actually being looked at.

When I bought the Sure Signal, I asked about the problem with the My Vodafone app, in that I can't see my details - as it doesn't authenticate my phone properly. I then get an Oracle server error.

Various parts of the Vodafone website give errors saying work is being done, but I have no idea when it will be completed. Surely Vodafone could say somewhere? The guy in the store said My Vodafone (app) had been down since the start of the week.

I guess it's all connected and suggests a major IT issue.

I really need the Sure Signal set up as soon as possible though! I didn't buy it just for it to give off a nice red glow!

Still not working today.

Asked twice on Twitter for advice and an ETA on when this will be fixed and nothing. And I assume Vodafone never officially replies to things on here either

Hi all, 

If you're having problems with your online account, please clear your cache and cookies.

If that doesn't fix it then try another browser.

I've tried three different computers (Mac and 2 PCs). Chrome and Edge browsers. Two PCs have never been used ever to log in to my Vodafone account.

Can't the problem be identified by the error codes? If not, what's the point in having them?!

@jonmorris - I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch, so we can look into this further.

hi, I am having the same problem when i am trying register my new sure signal, but its coming up with.....something went wrong etc etc [2k1]

seems to be system issue, as i tried on chrome, firefox, explorer and on my samsung. brand new device that i received from vodafone today.

can you please assist or advise.

thanks,