Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blackberry Priv Marshmallow update

lbrown369
2: Seeker
Any chance there is a time when the blackberry priv update is getting released, it's out on most networks now,

Thank you,

Liam
43 REPLIES 43

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I'm afraid that Vodafone do not comment on if or when a particular firmware will be available. Further details about why this is can be found in the Firmware Statement.

Keep checking for updates and do also remember that update roll outs are typically staggered so not every phone will get the update at the same time should one start rolling out. 

PWIAC

lbrown369
Wait, so vodafone don't know and don't comment on a product that they provide to their customers as a part of customer service?

Should have stayed with o2

drey_p

No, they won't comment on a firmware update that the aren't responsible for rolling out. Manufacturers roll out updates and not the individual networks.

PWIAC

lbrown369
The manufacturer rolled out the update at the start of the month, Vodafone are stalling the update getting to my phone as I'm on their network. The phone isn't branded but vodafone are still stalling it, therefore they are responsible for the update.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I was under the impression that Vodafone can only control firmware for branded handsets. 

If a phone isn't branded then the firmware is open to the user when it's available. 

This is one of the reasons I buy iPhones and non branded other phones. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

@lbrown369 wrote:
The manufacturer rolled out the update at the start of the month, Vodafone are stalling the update getting to my phone as I'm on their network. The phone isn't branded but vodafone are still stalling it, therefore they are responsible for the update.

Your analysis is wholly incorrect. All updates, branded or unbranded, are issued by the manufacturer. Vodafone most certainly has no input into or control over unbranded updates and when they are released to the user base.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

lbrown369
Well considering that nearly every other network has the update, and there are people once a week asking where the update is, and it seems to be only people on Vodafone that are having this issue, I believe this to be incorrect.

Also, there was a solution online, grab a simcard from another network, pop it in and the update should start.

For some reason, this works, my only assumption is that it might be vodafone conflicting with the manufacturer updates.

jeffkinn
Where did you get the phone from? We've seen this often with unbranded phones from dealers such as Carphone Warehouse who source phones on the grey market that were destined for another geographical market. Hence they get updates for that country and not the UK.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

lbrown369
I did purchase the phone from carphone warehouse, but I don't understand how changing the sim card would affect me getting the update, as I have the marshmallow update now, it came up as soon as I restarted my phone after putting an o2 sim card in