Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V3 not working even after resetting

Ossiedog
3: Seeker

Power - flashing, Internet - solid orange, In Service - off, In Use - solid orange reset done and router checked please help.   

398 REPLIES 398

MickMcKenna3

Just to check are you on Virgin Media?

Seems like almost all VM Fibre users SureSignals have failed this week with this same error code and no reply from Vodafone on it

Yes most definitely Virgin Media. Find it hard to believe it's VM when everything else is ok. 

Allen75
1: Seeker
Mine is down too and I am also on Virgin. I have had horrendous problems with Vodafone of late and would imagine the issue sits with them rather than Virgin. They won't take any ownership of the issue and will no doubt fob us all off

Hi everyone,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

MickMcKenna3
Hi Sarah,

Myself and several others have already posted into this thread and had no reply from any of your staff over the last few days.

While I appreciate your "fob them off" attitude I would be more greatful if this could be escalelated to a senior tech now as there is clearly and issue with your connections from Virgin Media customers and both your forum and phone staff are either not interested or simply not able to help here.

Regards

Mick

DL speed 62.19 Mbps
UL speed2.97Mbps 
Ping 16ms                                                                                                     Jitter 1ms                                                                                          C:\WINDOWS\system32> tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     6 ms    10 ms     8 ms  cpc3-epso5-2-0-gw.6-3.cable.virginm.net [86.13.24.1]
  2     9 ms     9 ms     9 ms  hers-core-2a-xe-820-0.network.virginmedia.net [80.3.35.33]
  3     8 ms     9 ms     7 ms  brnt-bb-1c-ae21-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254.42.33]
  4     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  6    11 ms    14 ms    12 ms  brhm-bb-1c-ae1-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254.42.210]
  7    19 ms    17 ms    18 ms  tcl5-ic-2-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [212.250.15.210]
  8    19 ms    21 ms    17 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
  9    15 ms    16 ms    14 ms  85.205.0.93
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Sorry Sarah my ss serial number is 42150956649

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have also been "fobbed" off by numerous staff at Vodafone. I have opened ports, altered the dhcp,dmz and firewall settings on my Virgin hub. Rebooted  the hub and Vss numerous times and still can't use my phone at home because the Vss isn't working. Today I made my usual daily phone all to Vodafone and instead of being fobbed off by call centre staff they actually put me through to a sure signal tech and he said that they are aware of the issue with Virgin. They have had numerous contacts from people and we will be compensated when they finally sort the problem out and the Sure signal is working. He couldn't say when this would be though!!!

Trying to consolidate all VM customers to one thread so we can track en masse.
http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Sure-Signal-Outage-on-Virgin-Media/td-p/2448467