Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal problem

Rbwindover
4: Newbie

Hi, my sure signal has been working fine and the last few days it is not picking up my phone, when I used to make a call the phone light on the box lit up and now it doesn't, I have tried a reset, the serial number of the box is 40120953456 please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rbwindover,

It appears that your phone is losing connection and is unable to reconnect.

A seamless handover from the network to the Sure Signal isn’t a supported feature and there is no ‘fix’ for this, however toggling to airplane mode and back will resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Jenny

View solution in original position

160 REPLIES 160

Hi Rbwindover,

Thanks for the updates.

It seems to be strange that the issue is intermittent. That would lead me to believe it to be a system issue rather than a VSS issue.

Is 3G enabled on all phones?

Are you able to try the VSS on another connection as Andy suggested?

Could you let me know which lights are lit, and whether they're flashing or steady when you next notice the lack of signal to one, or all phones?

Cheers,

LeeH

Hi lee 

so, this morning both I on my iPhone 3GS and my partner on her samsung galaxy ace 2 made calls, before we made the calls, the power light on the VSS Box was solid and so was the system light.  Once the call was in progress the phone light on the VSS lit up and a good signal was achieved.  This is the first time i have witnessed it working on my partners phone. We both had to go out this afternoon, on our return we both had little or no signal, on trying to make a call, the power and system light on the VSS were both solid but on making calls the phone light did not light up and the signal was very poor.  It seems like the box struggles to pick the phones up sometimes.  I have noticed that on my iPhone I have a full signal but when it goes on to lock it loses the signal.....whether this is just a coincidence I don't know.  Both phones have 3G enabled permantely.

as you can imagine its very frustrating not knowing if we are going to get a signal or not.  I don't really have an easy way to try the VSS on another broadband connection but I can say that whilst having signal problems there seems no other problems with the broadband.  I have just done a speed test and it shows a ping of 30ms a download speed of 13.99 Mbps an an upload of .94 Mbps but the phone light on the VSS is not lighting up when making a call, the power and system lights are on solid.

hoping you can find a solution.

regards Rob

Hi

Hi latest update.  Further to my suspicion that it is just a case of the VSS not picking up the phone once it moved out of proximity and then back in again. I had no signal and the phone light on the box did not light up when making a call. I went in to the iPhone settings and turned off 3G came out, went black in and turned it back on again and the phone immediately had a full signal and a test call showed the VSS was now working.  i then did the same thing on the galaxy ace 2, went in and set it to GSM only, went out of settings, went back in and set it back to auto mode and hey presto.....full signal.

it would appear there problem with the box?

regards Rob

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rbwindover,

It appears that your phone is losing connection and is unable to reconnect.

A seamless handover from the network to the Sure Signal isn’t a supported feature and there is no ‘fix’ for this, however toggling to airplane mode and back will resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Jenny

Hi Support team,

I have the same problem as some other users on thsi thread. Traceroute is failing at the same place.

speed test

ping  101ms

download 8.19 Mbps

Upload  0.91 Mbps

serial number 21228247827

IP 86.29.55.208

Trace Route

C:\Windows\System32>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     2 ms     1 ms     1 ms  192.168.0.1  

2   102 ms    26 ms    73 ms  glfd-bam-2.network.virginmedia.net [194.145.148. 184]  

3    96 ms   101 ms   101 ms  glfd-core-2a-xe-110-2.network.virginmedia.net [8 2.0.243.45]  

4   123 ms   101 ms   101 ms  glfd-bb-1a-ae7-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253 .174.89]  

5   123 ms   204 ms   101 ms  glfd-bb-1b-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.10 5.172.6]  

6   123 ms   101 ms    27 ms  glfd-tmr-1-ae5-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.10 5.159.46]  

7   108 ms   101 ms   101 ms  tcl5-ic-1-as0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253. 185.78]  

8   124 ms   101 ms   101 ms  LDNGW1.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.209]  

9   123 ms   102 ms   101 ms  85.205.116.14  

10     *        *        *     Request timed out.  

11     *        *        *     Request timed out.  

12     *        *        *     Request timed out.  

13     *        *        *     Request timed out.  

14     *        *        *     Request timed out.  

15     *        *        *     Request timed out.  

16     *        *        *     Request timed out.  

17     *        *        *     Request timed out.  

18     *        *        *     Request timed out.  

19     *        *        *     Request timed out.  

20     *        *        *     Request timed out.  

21  ^C C:\Windows\System32>

I have tried leaving the Sure Signal powered off overnight and a ful 30 sec reset with the button. It appears the VSS VPN dateway is currently unreachable with traceroute.

Please advise further actions.

Thanks

Neil

I did a 30 second reset and it apears to be fine now. I do not think this was the route cause. The VSS Gateway IP was unreachable from my PC earlier, so I cannot see how a device reset on the femto cell unit resolves this.

Hi skyhigh_71,

You will always see the traceroute timing out after it hits the IP address of 85.205.116.14 as all the servers after this point are secure servers that can’t be pinged.

However, as long as it reaches the above IP address then it is reaching the Vodafone Sure Signal server.

From looking at the traceroute it does look like the issue could have been with your broadband line at the time as the ping times on the hops are quite high although they are still within the 200ms parameters required to create a VPN connection.

Please keep an eye on this and let us know if anything changes.

James

I have read that vodafone.nl sim can't be registered with the UK 'Sure Signal', The users with Vodafone .nl sims need to regoster with vodafone.nl. 

I have both Vodafone.uk & Vodafone.nl sims. the boxes are identical in spec withe the name ' Sure Signal" in the UK. and the name 'SignaalPlus' in the Netherlands.

My question is I already have a 'SignaalPlus' box registred against my Dutch sim. And I spend half my time in the Uk and the other half in Holland.

Can I register my UK sim with Vodafone Uk, for use in the Uk; with my Dutch 'SignaalPlus' box which is exactly the same inside and only differs with the external plate which has a Dutch Electical socket(no probs for me, as I have Dutch sockets in the UK).

I.e it has the Same exact functionality

I have inspected my 'SignaalPlus' box and my friends 'Sure Signal' box, and they are identical

Is the above possible or do you need access the the Dutch serial registration Database for the Boxes( NOT a Data Protection ISSUE)?

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi voda_user27

Welcome to the eForum :Smiling:

I'm afraid that it is not possible to register your Vodafone UK number to your Dutch 'SignaalPlus' box you can only register with a Dutch SIM. It would be the same the other way round i.e. you can only register a Sure Signal with a Vodafone UK SIM

Thanks

Sukhi

smempez
1: Seeker

Hi, I have noticed a few people have the same issues as me. After a power cut my sure signal takes ages to reboot, I have tried everything. The device number is 40123673200. Thanks