Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky MER and SS

johndoe1
7: Helper
7: Helper

Recently took out an iPhone SIM only tariff with VF and at the same time ordered a SS box as I knew there was no VF 3G at home (only get Edge)

I should have read these forums before ordering really as my ISP is Sky and my D-LINK Sky router was changed over to MER the other week, which apparently wont work with the SS box?

Are VF working on this issue, considering Sky are in the process of changing over all their Broadband users from PPPoA to MER?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi guys,

I've just had word back from our Sure Signal engineers that the new Sky IP ranges mentioned on the last page have now been added to our firewall whitelist.

Can anyone on Sky who was in that IP range please let me know if your Sure Signal is now working. You'll be able to check your IP address here. Please note that you may just need to reset your Sure Signal beforehand.

George

eForum Team

View solution in original position

597 REPLIES 597

All the router says on it is D-Link where would I find the model number?

Is there no more help on this matter?

As it stands I have a Sure Signal that does not work which was a complete waste of money.

Hi,

On Friday, I purchased the following Sure SIgnal box but it does not seem to configure corrrectly: both lights constantly flash.

Alcatel - Lucent 9361 Home Vell V2 - V

FSN: 40112892480

My IP address is 2.221.33.180

Router: D-Link PVG81A6027008

I'd be grateful for any help to get this working!

Many thanks,

James

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi James_W

I've just checked your Sure Signal and can see it connected last night. Can you confirm if you’re still having a problem with this?

Thanks

BenJ
eForum Team 

Hi Ben,

Thank you very much for following up. The problem is that it seems for me that it will never get past the configuration stage: both the phone and system lights continuously flash, together, and never complete the configuration stage (I left it like this for more than 24 hours).

I have tried on 2 different ISPs - Sky and O2 - and have reset it numerous times but nothing seems to work.

I am surprised that you say it connected: from my perspective, it never seemed to finish configuration or connect - no 3G signal at any point.

What do you recommend? How do I do a complete factory reset? Could I de-register and re-register it?

Thanks again.

James

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi James_W

I've replied to you here. I will update you as soon as I have confirmation that your serial number has been resynch'd 

Thanks

BenJ
eForum Team 

I take it people have gave up with my issue and I just have to sit with a Sure Signal that does nothing?

Okay,

after waiting  over a month for vodafone to actually send me the Sure Signal, I'm pretty peeved off that now I've plugged it in it won't work!
I have a Sky Broadband router, which is about 4 months old, I've plugged in my new sure signal (which is the new version I have seen) and the lights flash for the 10ish minutes then they both just go off. The lights where the ethane (or whatever it is) cable is plugged into are on.

I have no idea really how much of this works, I would phone vodafone, but I can imagine I will get some idiot that can't help, since that usually happens,

Could you please help me, I've had a look through this thread and I have noticed you talking about IP address', this is mine if that helps at all: 90.210.21.238

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Hi,

New SKy router and SS cuts out after 10 mins, ip address is:

Please advise next steps

Regards

Chris

Hi guys,

pjjohnston88 - Apologies, it looks like your last response got lost in the others. We certainly weren't choosing to ignore you!

The Router model is just the name of the model, not necessarily a number, for example the Belkin Surf N300. If it's not stated on the router itself then you still have the box it came in then you can get it from there, or alternatively if you pull up the configuration screens on your PC you'll generally find it listed there.

If you can provide that then we'll be able to look into this further.

x_CatDx and chrisgamer - just as with the other guys on this thread, can I ask you to confirm your Sure Signal serial number for me as well.

I'm confident that, whatever's blocking your device, we'll be able to get that sorted for you.

Dave

eForum Team