Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Post your iPhone 7 preorders updates here.

Community Champion (Retired)

Jacko20jj wrote:
Iv had about ten phones from Vodafone and always had an txt off dpd the day before as mark said above usually about 8ish but can be earlier

@Jacko20jj and @markhewitt1978 That is exactly the same system that Vodafone have told customers will be used for the iPhone release.

Yet so many people want to know now rather then follow the system that has worked well in previous years.

View more options
3: Seeker Silver
Thanks guys.

Yeah, having been a loyal customer I swallowed the promised delivery date hook, line and sinker as VF have never let me down before.

I still view a promise as a promise, though. Good luck with your orders!
View more options
13: Advanced Member
The point is that not only do we not know if we'll get our phone tomorrow, we also don't know if it'll be the next day, or Monday of next week, or two weeks after that, or October... Or November?

Yes all other outlets seem to be offering clear dates for delivery except Vodafone.

So what happens if I don't get a DPD text tonight as promised? Do I assume Monday or late October?
View more options
5: Helper

I'm glad i ordered direct from Apple i have had a guaranteed date since last friday and if i go to my Apple account it shows the iphone 7 with serial number of the device

And DPD have text me at 8.00 am to say will be delivered tomorrow

I have had to many years of the big waiting game from Vodafone!

View more options
2: Seeker Bronze
Also my track order online status is stuck on stage 2 with only stage 1 ticked.

I imagine everyone else is on the same boat?
View more options
12: Established Gold
And the multiple different answers we have been given doesn't help matters. I've been told three different things. If advisors don't know anything why don't they just say so. Or tell us just to check the tracker rather than making promises and guarantees along with saying the opposite.

If the tracker is what needs to be looked at and only that along with text messages maybe someone should tell the call centres and online advisors that.
View more options
You can track yours online?! Mine says my order number is invalid!
View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

d4c1981 wrote:
I phoned Vodafone 6 times yesterday and I only got through to a UK call centre twice. The other 4 were Egypt, South Africa and India twice. Ridiculous. No wonder there is no coherent info with all the different call centres.

What was the point of calling 6 times?

Did you not get an answer to your question the first time?

View more options
Actually, people have tried to speak to someone again when information that has been given by other callers has changed from what was initially said. If someone has been given different information than you were, then it's pretty normal to try and clarify what is happening with your order and if that has also changed.
View more options
Yeah I had issues with my tracking number and lack of confirmation emails the first time around. Called up and found out the order was messed up by the first sales advisor.

That's when I noticed they don't tell you when it goes wrong.
View more options
6: Helper Bronze
If you don't get a txt from Vodafone tonight then u wait like others that ain't revived them. There will be many. It's a little like me asking you for the weekend lottery numbers and me kicking off as they ain't right. No one at Vodafone can tell you where you are in the cue. That's not how the system they have works you just have to wait like everyone else. All we can assume is hopefully they are dispatched in a order they were ordered on a first come first serve basis and if you ordered your phone early on Friday you would think there been a high chance of delivery on time.
View more options

I preordered the Jet Black iPhone 7 plus 128gb @ 9am on 9th Sept.  Can anyone tell me when I should receive a text/update from vodafone confirming delivery.  It sounds like I will get a text from DPD around 8pm, if I don't I shouldn't expect delivery tomorrow. 

I would just like to know....

aadb3363 wrote:
And the multiple different answers we have been given doesn't help matters. I've been told three different things. If advisors don't know anything why don't they just say so. Or tell us just to check the tracker rather than making promises and guarantees along with saying the opposite.

If the tracker is what needs to be looked at and only that along with text messages maybe someone should tell the call centres and online advisors that.

aadb3363 wrote:

View more options
I think the issue is mainly that if you were PROMISED delivery on the Friday and you don't get it, then you have grounds to be a bit miffed.
View more options

I Contacted vodafone yesterday and the day before and still no luck or update. i was told that the stock for the iphone 7 & 7 plus doesn't arrive till tomorrow (Friday) i was also reassured that i would recieve my iphone 7 Plus 128GB jet black on friday. but upon tracking my order the current status is still on stage 2 of 4 (waiting for the order to be accapted). is anyone in the same situation as me? just to put my mind at rest? vodafone have been really unhelpful so far. 

View more options
Iv learned from experience that the tracker is generally not updated on time. Sometimes even after dispatch. Ur best line of certain delivery is the dpd text if you do not receive this by 10pm maybe even later tonight I would be surprised if you get your handset. even tho on some occasions people have had dpd txts the next morning but never my self.
View more options
7: Helper Silver
I phoned once and then needed to get in touch again, but didn't want to speak to anyone outside the UK.
View more options
13: Advanced Member
I had a very intelligent woman from a UK call centre clearly state to me last night that I would DEFINATELY be getting my phone tomorrow. She went on to quote specific models which were on a delay- all 7 Plus models. She reassured me that my specific phone would be delivered by DPD on Friday.

So it's not guess work, it's not a lottery, it's not that 'no one knows anything'. They are giving out specific information.
View more options
Shane if I make 15 calls to Vodafone eventually one person will tell me the same thing but no one has guaranteed delivery until they are shipped. They have no way of knowing where you are in the cue. So I'm afraid yes it is guess work wether you would like to believe it or not.
View more options
If they don't know where people are in the queue they should say that to be fair. That's all people have been trying to get. Clarity one way or another. If they don't know, say 'I don't know'. Surely lying isn't the best customer service route to take.
View more options