Archive

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Voicemail Temporary Greeting and Extended Absence Greeting

These features of the Voicemail system are very useful, especially over the holiday season, but there is remarkably little information about them on the website. Indeed, I haven’t been able to find any information, although I use them regularly, and ...

Annie_N by Community Champion (Retired)
  • 3 replies
  • 20 thanks

Vodafone Sure Signal troubleshooting

Flashing/steady power light, no other lights litLight one on, light two flashingSure Signal not transmitting a 3G signal‘Call Failed’ error when making callsResetting your Sure SignalSure Signal - Call Audio Quality IssuesIssue not listed?   Getting ...

Retired-Kay by Moderator (Retired)
  • 0 replies
  • 7 thanks

Network issues – initial checks and template

If you're having network problems, please read the information below before posting. This will help us to identify any issues more quickly. A network issue would include loss of signal, poor signal or problems making/receiving calls or texts:   1. Ch...

NSC.JPG
VodafoneUK by Administrator
  • 0 replies
  • 2 thanks

Network queries - frequently asked questions

We receive a number of network related queries every month and many of these ask about how we handle these enquiries.   This FAQ tells you everything you need to know: 1) I’ve posted a network query, what now?   2) Why can't you give me a timescale o...

Very Frustrating Problem!

Hi... Ever since 18/06/09 i have had this problem. I switched on my laptop, the Vodafone Mobile Connect window opens and says Mobile Device Detected etc... i click 'connect' just like i normally would do then it connects perfectly fine with a good ...

starmonkey by Not applicable
  • 11 replies
  • 0 thanks

Connecting Another Pc To My Mobile Broadband Laptop.?

I have just subscribed to Vodafone's mobile broadband and I would like to know if i can connect my desktop at home to my HP laptop with the broadband connection so another person can go online at the same time,and if so what do i require to effect th...

Mobile Broadband Blocking .exe Files And .zip Files

I have spent the whole weekend trying to download my university results which I can download either as a .exe file or .zip file. Both keep getting blocked. When trying to download the .exe file (I have tried run and save) a pop up screen shows up i...

Mandy66 by Not applicable
  • 9 replies
  • 0 thanks

E220 Modem Not Recognised

I have just purchased an Advent 4211 computer from PC World - it works well - when I first plugged in the E220 modem it loaded fine and provided good connection to the internet BUT I wanted to load virus software (norton) and Zone alarm and since t...

clive60 by Not applicable
  • 30 replies
  • 0 thanks

Cheapest Options Abroad

Soon i will be going away for 3 weeks, and i need access to the internet for some period of time during this. I am confused with the cost of using the dongles abroad and in the UK - with all the tariffs abroad dissapearing for mobile phones. Whats ...

Y2Kyle by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 thanks

Cumbria Coverage Check

A colleague of mine is interested in using a 3G Broadband Vodafone Modem at the following location; Could you please check the coverage using your detailed system... Nr Caldbeck, Wigton Cumbria, CA7 ###

mcp1981 by 4: Newbie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 thanks

Why Mobile Broadband?

Hi all, Not a techie question, but would appreciate insights anyway. I am currently at my wits end with my fixed line dsl provider and I am debating whether to go for DSL again or something different. Mobile Broadband sounds appealing and interesti...

fnm500 by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 thanks

Vodafone 3g Maps Inaccurate

Why do the Vodafone coverage maps (www.vodafone.co.uk/coverage) show solid, powerful 3G coverage in many areas where in actual fact, you can only get 2G, even when stood outside and clear of buildings? Two example postcodes, NG5 1NN and NG4 2SG. The...

diztig by 8: Helper
  • 6 replies
  • 0 thanks

Very Frustrated About Instattlation Problem

I have bought the Mobile Broadband today. When I install the device to my computer, there is a message saying 'Could not access VBScript run time for custom action' and then stop installing. Please tell me what can I do. It's really urgent as I need ...

Good Deal, But Not Quite Killer Deal!

Got my PAYG mobile broadband dongle through yesterday. Seems to do everything I want, can get on to network at work using VPN etc, so seems good! However, while I like the 1GB for £15 with it not expiring, it could be even better if it combined some ...

pauld1 by 4: Newbie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 thanks
Labels