Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MMS over Wifi Calling

Torridon1
4: Newbie

Hi, I can send SMS over wifi calling and of course make and receive calls OK, but MMS over wifi calling does not seem to work. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A40, model number SM-A405FN/DS.

Any one any ideas why?

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

MMS need to be sent over the mobile network using a mobile internet connection @Torridon1 that is the way they work.

You can always send a picture message over WiFi as email or using an application such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger etc.  MMS is becoming an outdated service and just about everyone now uses an Application.  With these messages being sent using a WiFi connection or your mobile data allowance there won't be any additional charges.

OK, thanks @AnnS , I wasn't sure if it was enabled or something that's fallen by the wayside in the migration away from Suresignal boxes (which I used to have). I was asked by tech support from another phone company (Doro) to test sending an MMS. I never send MMS messages, so I wasn't sure if this was something I was doing wrong or if it was simply not possible over wifi calling - we have absolutely no Vodafone network in our house and next to no signal outside due to the geography here. At least that has answered my query, it's not me, it's the fact that MMS is dying out and not likely to be supported in future.